CHAPTER 35| One Year Later

One year had passed by so fast......well that would be the case for some people but not in a certain white haired boy's opinion.

"I wonder how everyone is doing." Lixue said to himself looking outside the window of the treehouse that he called home.

He clenched his butterfly pendant tightly while he thought about Tangsan. He didn't know what happened to him after he was captured by Du Gu Bo, and he was worried.

It had been over a year and he hadn't seen any of them, but it was probably for the best.

His attention was sent looking behind him when he felt the now familiar dark presence of Gui Mie.

Lixue held the look of concern when he saw when how the man moved he let out a pained groan.

"Gui are you okay?" He didn't know why he asked that question but he did going to the aid of the man and helping him sit down.

This time the man looked much worse and Lixue was really frightened by what he saw. Was the woman that cruel? ....... Hmmm only if he knew what she could actually do.

"She keeps doing this to you and everytime you come here it looks worse. Why don't you just leave, come and stay here or go somewhere else. At least that would keep you safe from all of this." They have had this discussion several times but the white haired boy never seemed to get through to the Titled Douluo known as Old Ghost.

Ever since Gui Mie had reported to the supreme pontiff of Martial Soul Hall that her prized soul beast had gone missing he had become a punching bag for her, quiet literally.

She would always beat him up herself whenever he returned to her with the same old story of I have not found him yet your holiness, but I will keep searching. This statement always enraged the woman more with everytime it was said making her more brutal in her punishments.

Now Bibi Dong wasn't one to get anger at her generals to the point of punishing them herself. She was always a calm, collected and calculating woman. Always using her intelligence and sharp wits other than brutal force with raw power to win against an opponent.

She would never fuss over a soul beast, why would she? She could easily find a better one that would suit her needs. It wasn't that difficult for her.

But that wasn't the case this time. You see,what had supposedly gone missing wasn't just any ordinary soul beast. The boy was the last billion year soul beast and her chanel for exacting her revenge on the man that caused her so much pain.

She couldn't afford to lose him. He deserved to suffer just as much as she did.

"Gui Mie I am beginning to question your loyalty to Martial Soul Hall." Bibi Dong  told the man who was barley able to kneel in front of her.

They were the only ones in the throne room, this always being so when she was punishing him.

As much as she was anger, even though she would never show it, she never disgrace one of her great generals in front of pity guards.

That wouldn't be acceptable, so it was always done like this.

"Your holiness why would you say that." Gui Mie asked still avoiding eye contact because if she could see his eyes, she would see all the hate that he had for her.

Bibi Dong had an evil smile worm up to her face as she spoke. "You had romantic feelings for my husband's concubine did you not....... so maybe when you saw how similar Li Ling and Lixue looked you decided to take the boy since you can't seem to get over the past."