CHAPTER 8| Hurt,Pain and kidnapped

Lixue found himself holding a bucket full of soapy water in one hand and a scrubbing brush in the other. He had to clean the stairs of the whole Nuoding Academy before the end of the week and that meant he had only a day left before the week ended.

He sighed feeling very exhausted. He had just finished cleaning the upper part of the academy logically starting with the most unused staircases and now had moved to another location.

All in all he did a relatively good job even though he had never done a single scrubbing in his life or any form of chores for that matter, being the grandson of a chief did come with some advantages which was now looking like a disadvantage in Lixue book.

All this time two figures stayed by his side. One having a displeasing look on their face and the other just looking concerned with seeing how the white haired boy struggled with the cleaning implements he had been given. This figures being non other than Wu and Tangsan.

"Is this really a punishment." She asked in disbelief for the third time since they got there. She didn't like it, she had been filled in about what had happened by Lixue but it was still hard for her to believe. To clean all the stair cases of the academy before the end of the week,said week ending tomorrow, just because of one innocent lie was a bit too drastic in her opinion.

"This is too much. There is no way you can actually do this all alone." Wu tried to reason him but the younger boy just shook his head already knowing what Wu was getting at. He didn't want to make his teacher annoyed with him. He asked him to do it alone and that was exactly what he was going to do.

"I mean you did lie about your age and could have possibly died because of it ........" Her mouth stopped abruptly eyes widening at what she had just said.

She began to question her former opinion, no! Master decision wasn't drastic at all. Lixue you sort of deserve this. She thought to herself.

Tangsan who sat by Wu also watching the boy struggling to work with the brush had been alarmingly quite. His gaze followed the boys every move, analysing everything he did with such calculating eyes it sort of freaked Wu out,but she opted not to say anything partly because of the bitter feeling in her chest. This feeling intensifying recently.

Tangsan was feeling a lot of things too as he wordlessly sat on one the cleaned stair. His heart was doing that pounding and aching thing again. His mind was blurry but he still managed to keep his locked and analyzing eyes on Lixue. He mind continued to repeat the events of the previous day to him.

Lixue eyes staying closed as his body stayed in the air a few feet from the ground, void of all and any form of life. He looked like he was gone and Tangsan couldn't bare thinking it was his fault. He's supposed to be the mature one,he was supposed to protect Lixue,he promised him that.....

.......... Lixue began moving around in his sleep, tossing and turning around mumbling somethings, between the lines of 'help me' , that it woke Tangsan up. He becoming very alert when he saw the position Lixue was in.

Lixue was in Tangsan's house earlier that day for no real reason other than to spend some time with his best friend and they had some how fallen asleep together while cuddling and Tangsan reading the younger boy a story from one of the few books he had with him.

Tangsan shot up trying to sooth the younger boy in despair. This nightmares kept occuring,that being the reason why they mostly stayed close together. Lixue not wanting his grandfather to get worried and Tangsan was able to calm him down.

"Li, shww it's okay. I'm right here alright. There's nothing to be worried about , just listen to my voice." And that's what woke the white haired boy up from the nightmare of a dream.