CHAPTER 38| Little White Lies.

Lixue couldn't believe what he had just done. He had lied to everyone and he was very surprised that they all just believed him..... well most of them that is.

"Oh Lixue,I can't believe that you went through that. It must have been terrifying living all alone after you lost your memory." Rong Rong said and that didn't help in reducing the guilty conscious of the white haired boy.

"Thanks, but don't worry. I'm okay now." He was able to let out the feeling of guilt weighing on him greatly especially with Tangsan sitting by his side.

They were now back in Er Long's House where Lixue narrated the 'true story' about what had happened to him.

Lixue had been able to come out with a story to tell them shortly after he had left the forest. He at first didn't think that it would work but now seeing all their worried and sad expression he couldn't believe what he had actually done.

He had just told everyone that after he was taken by Tang Hao and that at first he was so frightened because he hadn't seen the face of the person so he tried running even though Tang Hao tried to stop him. He ended up hitting his head on a rock a losing his memory for half a year. When he did remember though,Tang Hao told him that he would have to train to make up for the time that he had lost,so that was the reason he went missing.

Lies!

Everything that he said were complete and utter lies. He felt Tangsan rubbing circles on his back as a means of comfort and it made Lixue all the more guilty and anger with himself. He just lied on an innocent man,who is possibly also going to be his father-in-law, about kidnapping. Just how did he get to this point.

Of course he didn't mention Tang Hao's actual name only referring to him as Tangsan's father.

"Tangsan he also said to take care of yourself and that he is always looking after you." Why the heck did he say that. What was wrong with him?

Seeing Tangsan smile at what he said broke him even more.

'I don't deserve you Sangy. I just lied to you and I'm really sorry for that. I don't even know what to do now that I'm here but I hope that you can forgive and understand why I did this when the time comes.'

"Lixue everyone of your friends have been practicing, training and cultivating in virtual environment. You said that you have been training for six months,so was your soul power able to keep up with that?" Lixue averted his eyes from everyone. Now he had to bomb about his soul power level..... well at least that one wouldn't be a lie.

"Yes." His answer made Master raised an eyebrow in question.

"What is your current soul power level then?" It was just wishful thinking that his dad would drop the subject after that but then again he expected this much.

"Lixue everyone is ahead and if you have fallen behind then it will be very hard to catch up with them. Please tell as so that I can know the next step to take." Feeling everyone eyes on him Lixue could feel himself not being able to breath.

Tangsan noticing this gave his boyfriend's hands an encouraging squeeze. "It's okay Lixue, just take in deep breathes and when you're ready you speak okay."

Lixue found himself smiling at that. He really missed this, the way Tangsan's presence alone was able to make him relax and feel safe, like nothing in the world could harm him as long he was around. So with that new found courage he was able to speak.

"Level forty-six. I'm at level forty-six."

Silence.

Total silence is what filled the room after he had said that. He looked at everyone's faces to see the they held very surprised looks, even Tangsan couldn't believe it.

"Lixue you're at level forty-six." Master managed to find his voice and repeat the words that Lixue had said.

"Em...... yes." He meekly said his head moving downwards,his feet suddenly becoming very fascinating to him.

"Always knew that you were talented Lixue but you keep surprising as every single time." Ji who was having no more of the cold and uncomfortable silence in the room spoke out.

Lixue smiled in gratitude for that now noticing the scarf around his neck that was also covering his left hand pretty well.

"Ji what happened to your hand." Ji just laughed brushing it off and telling him that they would speak about the particular matter later.

"It seems that my worries are unnecessary then. In less than half a year the continental competition of Advanced Soul Master Schools will begin and since you are above level forty you can train and move up your ranks. " Lixue nodded in understanding still averting eye contact from everyone and most of them still shocked about his current soul power level, even Micax.

Tangsan who didn't really like the tense atmosphere that was brewing in the room spoke out. "Em.. Master I brought everyone some rare magical herbs that will help everyone in their cultivation. Can I distribute it to everyone now."

That piece of information got everyone's attention from Lixue to him and that gave him some relief since the white haired boy could now breath properly.

"Oh what did you get for as brother San." Oscar basically jumped Tangsan.

"Show to as right now. I wanna see." Fatty the ever so immature fourteen year old that he was demanded.

This was another thing that Lixue missed. The goofball nature of his comic relief friends. He was surprised that Wu hadn't started nagging or whining like she normally does.....

"Lixue the both of as need to a talk." ...... Well he did say that he was surprised but not anymore. Wu had that look that said I know something is up and I want in on it.  He sighed of course she would figure it out, leave it to Wu to be able to find out that he was hiding something.

"No San, not yet. I first want you and Lixue to spare so that I can evaluate you myself." That caught Lixue full attention.

This was going to be fun....... They hoped.

*********************************************************************************************************************
'Unedited.'