Caution

The next morning I learned of what transpired while I was away from the series of voicemails left by Damon. Pearl left her vampires unsupervised and they decided to kidnap Stefan and torture him. This led Damon to team up with Alaric to free him and in the process kill Miss Gibbons and several tomb vampires in the process. In Stefan's extremely weakened state, due to his diet of animal blood, Elena had to feed him her blood so he wouldn't die. And to top it all off, Caroline got caught in the rain and unearthed Vicki Donovan's body.

After listening to everything I immediately went to the Forbes residence and spent several hours with Caroline comforting her as she retold me what happened and how she's worried about her relationship with Matt as a result. I kept her as calm as possible and left once she passed out from exhaustion. I then decided to call Damon who picked up right away, "Tabitha? Are you alright? Where are you?"

I sighed, "I'm fine, Damon. I'm back in Mystic Falls, but I'm not going to tell you where I was. I listened to your voicemails, how's Stefan doing? Should I come over?"

"No!" came Damon's shout before lowering his voice again, "Stefan has a very intense reaction to human blood and needs time to readjust before greeting his human friends again. For your safety, and Elena's, neither of you are allowed in the Salvatore house. In fact, you should just stay home where Stefan can't get to you."

"Damon, we're not together anymore, so you don't have to protect me, but he's your brother, if you think he's not ready, then he's not ready. Tell him I said 'hi' and that I'm rooting for him. Bye." I hung up before Damon could reply and went to bed, preparing myself for the next day. 

The first thing I did was go to the school to receive the work I missed from my teachers to get my grades back up. The air became tense when I walked into Dr. Saltzman's office, "Good Morning, Dr. Saltzman."

"Tabitha, you're back. Care to take a seat?"

I closed the door and reluctantly sat down in a desk, "Is there something you wish to discuss? Other than what transpired while I was away? If that's all you want to talk about then I'd really not waste my time. I know what happened and I'm going to be speaking to Pearl to sort this out."

He immediately snapped, "You are not going into that house! I barely made it out alive and that was with a vampire's help! In fact, due to your poor decision-making as of late, you're not going anywhere without supervision." Alaric then pulled out his phone, hitting a number on his speed dial. I tried to pinpoint who, but I could only hear Ric's side of the conversation, "Hey, I've got an issue." - "Please be serious. This is about Tabitha." - "Well, I have her here at the school and she just told me she was going to go alone to negotiate with the Tomb Vamps. I need you to help me keep an eye on her."

Alaric then passed me the phone, "For you."

I put the phone to my ear, "Hello?"

Damon's voice then yelled, "Are you serious?!"

I huffed, "Don't pretend like you care Damon, I need to know from Pearl if she has control of her vampires. I need to know nothing like what happened to Stefan, will happen again."

Suddenly the door to the classroom burst open and Damon walked in slamming his hands on the desk in front of me, "You are not going anywhere near that house. I almost lost Stefan and I will not lose you. If you truly need to talk to Pearl, I'll arrange a meeting at the Grill or somewhere else public." I opened my mouth to refuse, but Damon stopped me, "If you even think about disagreeing with me, I will not stick to your side, like glue, and I know that is the last thing you want since you're still pissed at me."

I frowned and caved, "Fine. Get Pearl to meet me at the Grill this afternoon and you can chaperone."

Damon smirked, turning to face Alaric, "I think this meeting well, don't you think so, partner?"