Insane Weekend

As tradition Saturday morning, I got up and dressed all nice for my third job, which was helping the mayor plan upcoming events at City Hall. I was also a part of the Historical Society with Elena's aunt, Jenna.

Founder's Day was still several months away, but Mayor Lockwood wanted me to start on the costumes for several of the floats. I was paid handsomely for helping to plan events and it was good at helping to build my experience and relationships with higher up officials in the community. 

I knew that this town had its secrets and I wanted to make myself trustworthy enough to know those secrets, so that I could help make Mystic Falls a better place.

After my shift I headed to the football game and cheered for Stefan when Coach Tanner honored him. Everyone was actually pumped for the game because there was a chance that we could actually do good this year. But that's when I heard the fight start. I pushed my way through the crowd to see Jeremy and Tyler fighting.

I pushed my way between them and shoved Tyler away, "Stop Tyler!"

However his response was to punch me in the face twice, knocking me to the ground and I held my nose. Stefan managed to stop the fight and Bonnie found me, taking me to the nurse's office. Tyler had broken my nose and he was going to pay for it. 

The nurse drove me to the hospital so that my aunt, Meredith, could properly set and treat it, but she wanted to keep my in the hospital overnight to make sure I didn't have a concussion.

Thank goodness for the weekend.

Bonnie texted me the horrible news. The animal that attacked Vicki had killed Mr. Tanner and somehow she had predicted it with the three numbers she had been seeing all day. I calmed her over the phone and called Matt to make sure he was okay.

The principal visited me the next day and wanted me to take over teaching history until they could find a replacement for Mr. Tanner and I reluctantly agreed because I was his teacher's aid last year and knew his lesson plans. I was even going to be paid for everyday I taught and would be excused from attending my other classes as long as I kept up with the schoolwork.

Everyone came to visit me to make sure I was okay. And Elena practically dragged Jeremy in to apologize for his involvement in my injury.

I was released from the hospital that night and got home only to find Damon standing in my room. "Damon, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Well you see, I'm bored and I want you to entertain me for the night considering Caroline is at her limit."

I frowned, "If you're suggesting sex, then you can forget it."

"Nope, I had something else in mind." He appeared in front of me, "Remember everything I told you to forget and go put of a nice, but comfortable outfit. We're going clubbing."

I cringed in pain, frowning as I did what I was told, "Okay? But why take me clubbing?"

I went into the bathroom to change as he answered through the closed door, "I don't know. Maybe because I know you don't like me very much and I want to get in your good graces."

I came out of the bathroom, feeling his eyes look me up and down, but I ignored it, "Why would you care about that? You come into my town attacking and killing people, practically turning me into your personal slave, but you want to build good relationships?"

"Would you believe me if I told you that I actually wanted to try and have a good relationship with my brother's friends?"

I studied his eyes and shook my head, "Nope, not even a little. You have ulterior motives. You want to torture Stefan, but that's not your ultimate goal, is it? No, see I suspect that you're here for something else. If you tell me what it is, then I will help you as your loyal and obedient lap dog. In exchange, no one else gets hurt or killed. Do we have a deal?"

Damon smirked, "I knew you were a smart one. You've got yourself a deal, Miss Fell." He held out his hand daring me to defy him, "Shall we go?"

I took his hand and I was whooshed out the window only to open my eyes outside one of the most happening clubs just outside of Mystic Falls in the neighboring town. Damon compelled our way in and I actually had a good time, but I wanted more information as to what I had just gotten myself into.

During a dull moment, we were seated at a booth and I asked, "So Damon, tell me what we're after? What's our goal?"

He smirked, "Well, the town of Mystic Falls has been plagued by the supernatural since its founding. I was turned by a vampire named Katherine and I have to get her back. She's trapped in a magically spelled tomb under the Old Fell Church."

"The one that was burned down in 1864?"

"Yep, she was rounded up that night by the Founder's Council to be killed. However, Bonnie's witchy ancestor, Emily Bennet spelled the tomb underneath the church to protect her and drew power from the comet passing overhead."

I caught on, "You had to wait for the comet to return in order to free her."

"Now you're getting it."

"So if you're just here for Katherine, why are you killing people?"

Damon rushed forward flashing his vamp-face, "I'm a vampire, a predatory species. I kill because I can and I know that it makes Stefan feel guilty."

I stared blankly, "No more killing Damon, please. I'll help you release Katherine, but I need your word. I need to know that I can trust you."

He fired back, "How do I know I can trust you?"

I sighed, "I'll let you feed from me willingly and if it makes you feel more comfortable than I'll even let you continue compelling me."

He weighed the offer in his head then pulled out his phone, "Hi Care bear, listen I don't think it's gonna work between us. I'm sorry, but I found someone else. I hope you can forgive me and find someone to love you completely. I'll see you around, goodnight Caroline." He then looked down at me, "There I'm no longer gonna hurt your bestie and you get to replace her as my blood bag and pawn. Wanna dance to our new partnership, my lady?"

I looked down at his outstretched hand and took it. He led me out to the dance floor and began to dance. He then whispered in my ear, "Turn your head to the side." I did and flinched as he bit down between my neck and shoulder.

I groaned in pain as he finally released me and bit into his palm to give me some of his blood to heal. I swallowed it and he smirked, "You're taking this in stride, but I bet that I can seduce you without compulsion by the time the Founder's Party rolls around."

I frowned, cleaning the stray blood off my neck with napkins, "Unlikely, but you are welcome to try if it keeps you entertained and your fangs out of the townsfolk."

"You're on Miss Fell. Now let's get you home. I mean you do have classmates to teach in the morning." 

And just like that I was whooshed home and tucked into bed. "Goodnight Damon."

"Goodnight Miss Fell."