Founder's Ball

Warning: This chapter contains physical and sexual abuse, and can be triggering to some readers.

Well Damon took my suggestion about covering his tracks with a mountain lion and my parents were comfortable enough to leave for various work cases.

As well respected prosecutors in the field they were often called to travel all over the country to handle cases. I never knew when they'd be back or when they would leave. And when they left it was the job of my uncle, local news anchor, Logan Fell; to check up on me once a week.

So tonight was the Founder's Ball and Damon was going to be my date. Apparently, he needed something from inside the Lockwood Mansion in order to let Katherine out of the tomb. And he already had me plant seeds of doubt via Bonnie and Caroline to pass onto Elena to drive a wrench between her and Stefan.

So the plan was for me tonight, was to distract Stefan while Damon snuck upstairs to steal the object. I wore a dark, navy blue dress with a large slip down the left side. If the revealing dress wasn't distracting than I didn't know what was.

We arrived at the party with Damon already in a bad mood after Stefan tried to spike one of the bourbon bottles with vervain earlier that day. As soon as we were through the doors, Damon went to get us drinks and I was pulled aside by Sheriff Forbes. "Tabitha, who's that? He seems a little old for you don't you think?"

I took a breath before answering, knowing Damon was listening in, "His name is Damon Salvatore, Zach's nephew. He's not a bad guy, with the right motivation and time he can actually be quite sweet and caring. I think he'd be a good role model for Clark too. And in regards to the age difference, Sheriff, I'm almost eighteen and can very well make my own decisions. Now I should probably get back to my date, have a good night."

I walked back over to Damon and weaved my arm through his, he snickered, "A role model for your kid? Geez, I made the correct choice in making you my partner in crime. You're a brilliant liar."

I took my drink for him, "Why thank you, so now what?"

"Time to initiate 'Operation: Distract the Little Brother.'"

I nodded as Damon led my into one of the rooms where Stefan and Elena were admiring some old heirlooms and sacred items associated to the town's history and I heard Elena say, "Oh look, it's the original guest registry. Look at all of these familiar names; Sheriff William Forbes, Mayor Benjamin Lockwood. Is that Damon Salvatore? And Stefan Salvatore?"

Damon spoke up, "The original Salvatore brothers. Our ancestors. Tragic story, really."

Stefan looked at his brother warily, "We don't need to bore them with stories of the past."

Elena looked at her boyfriend, "It's not boring, Stefan. I'd love to hear more about your family history."

That was when I spoke up, "Well, I'm bored, and have already heard the story. I was really hoping to dance tonight and look at all the dresses I sewed on display and Damon won't dance with me."

I looked up and him as he shook his head, "Nope."

I looked back at Elena, "Can I just borrow your date?"

"Oh, uh."

"I really don't dance," was Stefan's answer.

But Damon stepped in, "Oh, sure he does. You should see him; waltz, jitterbug, the moonwalk. He does it all."

I looked back to Elena, "You wouldn't mind would you, Elena? I promise to return him when Damon's done with his story."

"Well that's up to Stefan."