Blood Only Goes So Far

(Tabitha POV)

Once I was finally on my feet and moving around, I noticed the sun setting and took my chance to knock out the cop, before changing clothes and waltzing out the front door of the hospital. I knew my uncle would be coming for me, and I had to be ready to face him and kill him, if necessary.

I didn't need the Sheriff's protection, I could do this myself.

I headed home and hooked my vervain bracelet around my ankle before changing into a comfortable outfit to fight in. I was armed to the teeth with stakes, vervain, and wooden bullets; just for the hell of it, I even grabbed a butcher knife from the kitchen. I hoped the non-drowzy painkillers would kick in before I saw him.

I made my way toward the school, remembering career night. A perfect sea of snacks and he didn't have to be invited in. I stalked in, putting my hood on and ducking my head, hoping no one would stop me to talk to me. I noticed him talking to Stefan and subtly raised my weapon, but couldn't get a clear shot. Stefan caught my eye and said one more thing to Logan before walking over to me and speeding me outside, "What the hell do you think you're doing?!"

"Killing my uncle, what does it look like, Stefan?!"

"You're injured! You should be at the hospital right now."

"Yeah, you're right Stefan. I should be at the hospital completely helpless with only one useless nanny cop to protect me from a vampire who could snap his neck in a second and then chew on me for dessert!"

Before Stefan could reply, his phone rang, "Don't move."

I huffed, crossing my arms, "You're not the boss of me and you can't compel me. I'm going back in there and finishing my job." I turned to walk inside when something hit the back of my head and I was knocked out cold.

(Stefan POV)

I huffed, lowering Tabitha's unconscious body to the ground before answering my phone, "What is it, Damon?"

"Tabitha's uncle, Logan Fell, is the vampire. And when I find him again, I'm gonna rip him limb from limb," I heard Damon reply.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

"No, I'm not okay. I was ambushed. I was shot. I went to the hospital and found Tabitha gone. Now, I'm vengeful. I just got to find him."

"Well there's no need he's here at the school and so is Tabitha. He's here working the crowd and Tabitha's armed to the teeth, hellbent on killing him. I had to knock her out in order to stop her."

"I'll be right there. Shove Tabitha into a closet or car truck for now, so she's safe."

I nodded, "Got it, see you soon brother."

After telling Elena the situation, we decided to lay her down in the back of Elena's car and head back in to deal with Logan.

(Tabitha POV)

I woke up and vaguely recognized my surroundings. After rubbing my head, I remembered what happened and cursed, "That 162-year-old dick. He'll pay for that." I got out of Elena's car and found Stefan, pushing him up against a wall, "You think your clever huh?! Knocking me out! Where's Logan?"

"He left, and he has Caroline."

I growled, "Dammit!" I let go of Stefan and commanded, "Go save her!" 

He sped away and my phone rang, so I answered it angrily, "What?"

"I thought you'd be at the hospital, Tabby Cat." Came Logan's voice out of the receiver, "Where are you?"