Swimming Hole

After eating lunch as a family at my parents' house, Clark and I got changed into our swimsuits and headed down to the swimming hole alone. The parents and grandparents wanted to catch up a bit more, so that left just Clark and I.

When we got to the swimming hole, Tyler was already there, blowing up some inner tubes. After putting sunscreen on Clark, I sent him into the water and I applied sunscreen to myself. "Hey Ty, can you get my back?"

"Absolutely."

"And don't miss a spot, I don't want to burn."

"Of course, you know this swimsuit makes you look like an old lady," the jock proclaimed, beginning to apply sunscreen to my back.

"Whatever, I happen to like the pattern. If it makes me look like an old lady, so be it."

"Hey, I didn't say I didn't like it. I happen to be into older women."

I scrunched my nose, "Too much info, Ty. I honestly don't need to know about your fetishes."

"Alright then, what about yours, Miss Fell? What do you look for in a guy?"

I thought about it for a moment, my mind wandering to Damon, "I don't know, I guess I find myself drawn to monsters."

"Monsters?"

I shrugged as I felt Tyler's hands leave my back, "Yeah, I mean I don't love monsters, but I find myself drawn to them because despite the horrible things they've done, they used to be human too, and a part of them still is. I want to know more about them and become the person they can rely on considering they push everyone else away because for them it's easier to be hated."

Tyler gave me a crazy look and then laughed, "You've been binge watching a TV show, haven't you? Monsters don't exist and as for horrible, crazy, psychotic people who kill people for fun; I bet you'd run away screaming if you ever came across one."

Tyler walked away to go play with Clark in the water as I sighed to myself, "I already won that bet."

I was about to hop in myself, but heard cars pull up behind me; both Gilbert vehicles, Matt's truck, and Caroline's little car. I waved and walked over to hug Elena as she got out of her car. "Hey, I'm so glad you could come."

She smiled, "Yeah, I needed a little break from Stefan and what better way then spending the afternoon at the swimming hole with friends before it gets too cold."

I chuckled, "Exactly, did Jeremy come willingly?"

"Yeah, he hasn't got a chance to see Clark yet."

I nodded, "Alrighty, and what about Jenna?"

"Didn't want to be home alone."

I snickered, "Alright, see ya in a bit." I walked over, hugging Caroline, "Thanks for coming!"

"Always! I even brought a cooler of snacks and non-alcoholic beverages."

"You rock, Care."

I went to grab the cooler out of her truck and Matt ran over, "Woah, what do you think you're doing? Let the men do the heavy lifting." I rolled my eyes, but stepped aside as Matt yelled, "Hey Ty! Come help with the cooler, man."

"Coming," he shouted back.

As Tyler came out of the water, Jeremy dove in and took his place playing with Clark. I smiled at the two, Clark had always loved Jeremy and saw him as an older brother. I'm pretty sure Jeremy saw Clark as a younger brother too. I walked back over to Elena as she was helping Jenna set up her beach chair, "Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?"