School Time Again

With Thanksgiving Break over, it was time to get back into a normal routine. Grammie and Pappy had taken Clark back to Denver, but promised to be back for Christmas. I walked into class on Monday and took my place back in my desk, instead of at the front of the classroom.

I gave Alaric a subtle thumbs up as he wrote his name on the board, explaining it's origin and establishing his dominance by telling us how to say his name and how not to say his name. Basically challenging anyone to dare say it incorrectly. I was proud of him, he was doing well for his first day.

Bonnie found me at lunch and told Elena and I about her day dreaming Emily now. She wasn't just in her nightmares, she was walking around in Bonnie's head during the day too. I shrugged, taking a deep breath, "Do you want me to take the necklace tonight? Give you some time to catch up on sleep."

She sighed, "I don't know Tabs."

Elena then jumped in, "You should give it to her Bonnie. You're a wreck right now. It's just for one night."

Bonnie smiles, taking off the necklace and handing it to me, "Thank you."

I smile back putting it on and shoving it under my shirt, "There, all better. I'll see you guys after school." 

I got up and began heading to my next class, stopping by the bathroom to wash my hands. I looked up into the mirror and gasped. Emily was there! I turned around and was about to scream when my neck began burning and closing. Emily smiled, "Pleasure to see you again, Miss Fell."

I coughed, the burning stopping. I rubbed my neck, "Pleasure to see you too, Emily."

"Tell me, why has Bonnie given you my talisman this time?" She asked, circling me.

"Because she's not sleeping. Whatever you want Bonnie to help you do, she won't be able to unless she is properly rested and able to focus."

Emily nodded, returning to my front, "I see. Well this gives me a chance to further my plans to keep the tomb shut." She stepped forward, "Don't move, unless you want this to hurt more than it has to."

I froze as Emily grabbed my temples and began chanting. I could feel stinging sprout from my head and course through my body until it felt like I was entirely on fire. I gasped, falling to my knees as she released me, "What did you just do to me?"

"I made you a vessel for my power."

"Why? What does that even mean?"

"To explain it simply, witches can draw power from anything; nature itself, the elements, and even small things like bugs or flowers. However, witches can also draw power from humans or other witches, living or dead. But sometimes our power is too much for our body, and can cause physical strain. I have just cast a spell to turn you into a vessel. A living, breathing creature to store excess magical power. When my talisman breaks, you will absorb all the power from within it and can help Bonnie control her magic as she grows stronger. Do you understand?"

I frowned, "So, let me get this straight. First you tell me the reason why the tomb can't be opened, but I can't tell anyone or write it down. Now you've basically turned me into a storage unit for magical power?"

"Correct."

"Am I supernatural now?"

"No, you are still human. The only difference is that you can absorb magical energy and are now immune to magic itself, but if you die that power shall pass from you to Bonnie without any prompting."

"I'm immune to magic?"

"Yes."

"Gee, thanks Emily."

"You are welcome, you should get to class. The bell shall ring soon." 

With that Emily disappeared and I cursed, "Bitch."

As soon as school was over, I hopped in my car, locking the doors as my phone rang, "Bonnie? What's up?"

"Damon just threatened me."

"What?"

"He wants the necklace, but I didn't tell him you had it. I want you to get rid of it."

"How?"

"Follow Elena and I out of the parking lot."

"Okay." I hung up and started my car pulling out once I spotted Bonnie's car. We drove for a little bit and then stopped. Bonnie got out of the driver's seat and so did I. 

She held out her hand, "Give it."

I took off the necklace and Bonnie threw it as far and as hard as she could into the ravine next to the road. I sighed as I watched it disappear from sight, knowing Emily wouldn't give up so easily. I hugged Bonnie as she left for the Gilbert House and I went home to an empty house.

I headed over to the Gilbert's once I had a slumber bag packed and could already sense the tension between Caroline and Bonnie. Suddenly the necklace reappeared in Bonnie's manicure kit bag and I gasped. After a bit of fighting Caroline came up with the idea to hold a seance.

I felt uncomfortable, but felt warm as soon as Bonnie began to speak to Emily. The candles burned brighter and Bonnie asked, "Tabitha, what's on your neck?"

I shook my head, covering it up, "Nothing." 

She then turned my arm around, "There's another on your wrist. Did Emily do this to you?" I nodded and she asked, "Why didn't you tell me?" I opened my mouth to speak, removing my hand and my throat seized and began to sting, but Bonnie got the message, "She wouldn't let you."

I nodded again and Bonnie asked another question from Emily and the candles went out. When Elena finally got on the lights I froze in fear, "Guys, the necklace is gone."