Thursday Comets

School was pretty normal except for the Comet Night festivities. I thankfully had the night off from working at the Grill and began watching Stefan and Elena as they fought.

As everyone went out looking for Vicki, I headed toward the school found her stumbling out the doors with ripped stitches. Thankfully I was able to sew her back up before safely delivering her to Matt.

After taking a couple pictures of the comet and sending them to Grammie to show Clark, I made my way to my car when someone came up behind me, "Hello again."

I turned around and looked at the man, "Sorry, but I think you've got the wrong girl."

I opened my car door only to have him slam it shut and grab my throat, "No, I've got the right girl. You just don't remember, but because I want to see the look on your face. I want you to remember everything I told you to forget."

I blinked several times as a piercing headache overcame me and I remembered everything. "You're the person that attacked Vicki." I quickly kneed him in the groin, which prompted him releasing my throat, before I punched him in the face. "That was for Vicki." I then kicked him in the face, now that he was on the ground, "That was for taking away my memories." I then pulled out my pocket knife and stabbed him in the heart and sighed in relief as I felt his heart stop, "And that is so that you won't hurt anyone ever again."

I removed my knife and dragged the body into the alley behind the Grill before getting in my car. I looked down at my bloody hands and felt my stomach turn. Did I really just kill someone?

I began washing my hands on the asphalt with water from a water bottle, when suddenly the door flew open and I was yanked out of my car and pinned down onto the asphalt. The man hovered above me, "Did you really think that would kill me?" I gasped as his hand grasped my throat once more so I wouldn't scream, "Although I must admit that took guts. I didn't expect you to fight back, much less go for a kill shot, and I'm curious to see what you'll do next time. But for now, you'll forget everything I told you to forget before. Goodnight Tabitha Fell."

I blinked and heard Matt call my name from a distance. I sat up realizing I was on the ground, the overly sweet boy helping me up, "Hey, are you okay Tabitha?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I guess I just had a bit too much to drink and lost my balance."

Matt helped me regain my balance, "Okay, I'm calling your mom and telling her that you're staying at my place. Vicki'll drive my car home and I'll drive you back to my house."

"You don't have to do that Matt, I feel fine now."

"And wake up tomorrow morning to watch a news story about you running into a light pole? No way, get in, I'm driving. Wait here while I give Vicki my keys."

I reluctantly handed Matt my keys and climbed in the passenger's seat. Matt drove me to his house and gave me some of Vicki's pjs, "You take my room, I'll take the couch. I'll wake you up for school tomorrow. Goodnight Tabitha."

"Thanks and goodnight Matty."

Warning, the Dream sequence may be triggering to some readers. *Dream*

*I woke up chained to a wall by my wrists with my ankles bound with rope. I couldn't move much or even talk. The dehydration and starvation had made me weak and I knew that he would come back again today.

He always came.

I heard the sound of a door and I flinched knowing it was him, I tried to squirm and wiggle free, but it was all in vain. The door in front of me opened and the man kneel down and caressed my cheek, "I've been waiting all day to see you again. Did you miss me?"

He grabbed my skirt and pulled down and I tried to scream as he grabbed my underwear, "Because I missed you!"*

I screamed again, only to hear my name, "Tabitha! Tabs, wake up!" I opened my eyes only to see Matt and Vicki standing over me. I sat up and clung to Vicki, crying. 

She soothed me and finally coaxed me into the bathroom, fixing my hair and make up. "Are you feeling better now?" I nodded and she asked, "What happened?"

I clenched my jaw, but answered, "I had a nightmare that I was back under the thumb of that man who raped me. I don't get the nightmares as often as I used to. Once Clark was born I started having them less and less, but I do get them every now and again."

She nodded, "Wait here, I'll get you something of mine to wear."

I smiled, "Thanks Vicki."

She came back and after I had changed we went downstairs to find Matt finished making breakfast. We ate and I told him what I had told Vicki and he took my hand, "That guy's not going anywhere. Between your parents and Sheriff Forbes, they'll make sure that man never gets out."

I smiled, "I know, thanks Matt." After eating breakfast, I rushed out the door, "Thanks for letting me stay the night, borrowing your clothes, and breakfast. I'll make it up to you sometime. See you at school!"

I was already out the door and in my car before they could object. I tried to call Caroline, but it went to voicemail, "Hey Caroline, I had the nightmare again last night and I really need to talk to you. As my unofficial therapist I need your help to calm me down. Call me back please, I don't think I can get through this day without you."