Alexia Branson

I raided Uncle Logan's house the very next morning, finding a small flask of vervain water, two stakes, a key, and a gun filled with wooden bullets in a tackle box under a couple loose floor panels. I also found a journal with a handwritten letter for me.

Dear Tabitha,

If you found this letter along with the tackle box and journal, that means that the detective in you knows that something is not right in Mystic Falls. Now what I am about to reveal to you is top secret and I'm betraying the Council by even leaving evidence deliberately for you to find, but you need to know that this world is inhabited by creatures that prey on innocent people, called Vampires. Before you write me off as crazy, ask yourself if there have been gaps in your memory, or strange phone calls you never remember.

I recognized the signs that a vampire might have been using you, so I brought you into my house for your protection and gave you the charm bracelet to keep the vampire out of your head. In my notebook you will find everything our ancestors knew about vampires, how to fight them and how to kill them. The key unlocks the basement where I have kept an arsenal of weapons for you to use to defend yourself and Clark. If I haven't answered your phone calls for more than 48 hours, assume that I'm dead and the Founder's Council is covering it up to keep the townsfolk from panicking.

The responsibility to protect the innocent people of this town now falls to you and I hate to place such a huge burden on you after all the hardship in your life, but it is because of that, I know that you won't let me down. I left the deed to my house in your name, should I die, be careful who you invite in the house.

Forever The One Who Loves You Most,

Uncle Logan

I dropped the letter and started crying. Uncle Logan was dead and it was my fault. If I had just told him what Damon was then he would still be alive. Zach Salvatore would still be alive. Vicki would still be alive. All he had done was to protect me from Damon and I was working with Damon the whole time.

After shedding my tears, a fury I had never experienced rose up in my chest. I grabbed my stuff from Matt's house, officially moving into Uncle Logan's house without telling my parents. 

I knew about the vervain Stefan was hiding and needed to get some so I could start growing my own. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. The door was unlocked, so I stepped inside, "Stefan?" I closed the door behind me, "Hey, I need your help."

A voice chuckled behind me, "Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in."

I frowned, "I'm not here for you Damon, I'm here for Stefan."

"Ouch, what did I ever do to you to deserve such cold treatment?"

I waltzed farther into the house, "Stefan!"

I yelped as Damon sped up and pinned me against the nearest wall, "Kind of childish to ignore me, when we used to be such close friends."

I scoffed, "We were never friends Damon. Friends don't rape and then try to kill each other."

"Don't pretend like you didn't enjoy it."

I subtly pulled the wooden bullet gun out of my pants and shot Damon twice in the stomach, causing him to release me and then fall onto his back. "I didn't enjoy it. I hated it." I slammed my foot down onto his stomach, slowly adding pressure to push the bullets deeper. "You saw what that man did to me all those years ago." Tears sprang into my eyes, "I thought I could trust you. I thought you were worth helping because all you wanted was to be loved. But you betrayed me and now I have to live everyday with the guilt of being the cause of Zach, Logan, and Vicki's deaths."