Uncle Logan & Vicki Missing

I was hanging out with Matt today considering Elena was out with her boyfriend, Bonnie was still at her Grams's house, and Caroline was still ignoring me and being petty. 

We were out on the school's football field, tossing a football around and practicing some drills. We paused for a break and Matt asked, "So why exactly did you agree to help me out today?"

I shrugged, "Well I would usually be out shopping with Caroline, but she's been a complete bitch since Damon, who I'm completely over, and ignoring me. Plus, I'm not talking to her either until she apologizes for attacking me at the Founder's Party."

"Yeah, Ty told me about that. She had no right to say those things to you, Tabs."

I smiled, "Anyway, I wanted to help you because not only do I need a workout, but I make sure you don't slack off just because you don't have regular football practice anymore. You're still aiming for a football scholarship out of this town right?"

"Yep."

I picked up the football, shoving it into his chest, "Good, come on. We're not done with practice yet."

Matt smirked, "Yes ma'am."

We practiced for another couples of hours and got lunch together at the Grill. Halfway through I got a call from Uncle Logan, "Hey, Uncle Logan, what's up?"

"Where are you right now?"

"Out at lunch at the Grill with Matt, why?"

"After you're done there, can you run home and spruce up the house for me? Your parents just called and told me they'll be back tomorrow and I don't want you going back to your house, leaving mine a mess. I'm going to be late tonight at the office, so don't worry about making me dinner."

I nodded, "Okay, got it. I'll leave something in the fridge for you then. Don't work too hard Uncle Logan."

"I won't, bye Tabitha."

"Bye, Uncle Logan." 

I hung up the phone and Matt asked, "Everything alright?"

I nodded, "Yeah, my uncle just wants me to make sure I clean up my mess at his house before my parents get home tomorrow."

"Oh alright, thanks for everything today."

I got up, strapping on my bag, slapping him on the shoulder, "No problem big guy." I threw a fifty on the table, "Lunch is on me and tip the waiter. Don't you dare pay with your own money because I will know. See ya later, Matt."

"Bye Tabs."

I drove back to Uncle Logan's place and began cleaning up every single room in his house. I even spot cleaned the kitchen and packed up my bags. I laid out an outfit for tomorrow and went to bed.

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing, MATTY. I answered, groaning, "Matt? What's up?"

"Have you seen Vicki at all?"

I sat up, "No, I went straight home after lunch yesterday. Why? What happened?"

"She was in a bad way yesterday at Elena's. And then she freaked out and ran off. I'm worried, Tabs."

I began to get ready, putting Matt on speaker, "Come pick me up in five minutes and I'll help you look, okay?"

"Okay, see you in five." He hung up and I fixed my hair, grabbing my charged phone. I went into Uncle Logan's room to tell him I was leaving, but he wasn't there. I assumed he already left for work and I walked out front to wait for Matt. I called Vicki, leaving a voicemail, "Hey Vick, it's Tabitha. I know we're not really close, but Matty's really worried about you. If you don't want to talk to him, then call me and we'll talk. Matt doesn't have to know whatever it is until you want him to, but you need to call someone Vicki, please."

I hung up seeing Matt's truck come around the corner and I hopped in the passenger's seat, "Okay, let's try checking the spots where she was last seen."

Matt started driving, "Well that's gonna be a problem consider her last known whereabouts are surrounded by crime scene tape."

I looked at him, "What do you mean crime scene?"

"It was on the news, your uncle covered it. He described it as a drug deal gone awry, at least three people were burned to death."

I pulled out my phone, "Maybe Uncle Logan may know something." I dialed his number only to go to voicemail, "Hey Uncle Logan, it's your favorite niece. I need you to call me back about a report you made yesterday about the drug deal gone wrong. I think Vicki Donovan was there, but she's missing. If we work together then we can figure out both mysteries. Please call me back."

I hung up sighing, "Let's try the stoner pit at the school then, we've gotta start somewhere."

Matt nodded, "Got it."

We searched around town the entire day, even checking a few places twice before finally going back to Matt's place. He was frustrated and upset. I fixed him dinner and walked into the living room to answer my phone, "Hello?"

"Hey sweetie, it's your mother. I'm at your Uncle's house, but you aren't here."

I sighed, "Yeah mom, I've been out with Matt all day looking for Vicki. I'm at his house eating dinner. By the way, have you talked to Uncle Logan today?"

"Oh honey, didn't you hear?"

"Hear what?"

"Uncle Logan left on a vacation early this morning and won't be back till for a while."

"What? But I just talked to him yesterday, he would've said goodbye at least."

"Sorry, sweetheart. You're father and I are coming to pick you up."

I protested, "Actually mom, can you grab my clothes and bring them to me? I don't want to leave Matt alone until we find Vicki. I promise to behave and no funny business."

She thought about it before answering, "Alright honey, I understand. You can stay with Matt until they find Vicki."

"Thanks mom."

"We'll be by with your clothes in a little bit, bye sweetie."

"Bye mom." I hung up and walked back into the kitchen, "Good news, my parents have agreed to let me stay with you until we find Vicki."

Matt sighed, "You don't have to do that for me, Tabs. I'll be fine."

I sat across from him scowling, "You are not fine. It takes a bit of effort to lie to me Matt. I know what it feels like to be completely alone Matt and it's stifling. I'm staying because I know you need me."

I could see the big lug trying to hold back tears. I got up and hugged him from behind, "You don't have to act tough in front of me Matt. I'm here for you, I'll always be here for you."

Matt then started crying, turning around to bury his face in my stomach as I stroked his hair.  After he was done crying, I sent him to bed, cleaning up dinner and taking up residence in his mother's old room after my parents brought my stuff.