Katherine Pierce ( Part 1)

When I arrived in the beach town on the address Anna had given me, I found a cheap motel and hunkered down for the night. The next morning I ate the complementary breakfast the motel provided, packed a couple weapons, and then went out to walk around. 

I eventually made my way down to the beach and looked out at the water, my mind wandering to Damon. I growled and began simmering at the fact that I was still thinking about Damon. In order to let out a bit of frustration I began shouting out into the crashing waves.

After a few screams, I made my way into the crowd of people that began to form on the beach. I sat down, keeping a eye out watching a groups of surfers head out into the water. That's when I saw him, Tyler's uncle, Mason Lockwood, bounding into the water right alongside the other surfers.

I stayed still and quiet for the next hour, keeping my eyes on the familiar man as he caught wave after wave. Him being here couldn't be a coincidence. Perhaps, as a member of a Founding Family was hunting werewolves just as I was, but I needed to make sure I could trust him. As he finally came out of the water, I stood up and put up my hood walking in a direct line so that I'd bump into him "accidentally".

When we collided, my hood fell off my head, "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." I paused, acting surprised, "Mason?"

He looked equally surprised, "Tabitha? What are you doing here, shouldn't you be home?"

I shrugged, "Um, well, things have been pretty stressful lately and I needed a break. I'm only here for a day and I'll head home tomorrow." I then clasped his hand, "Look, I'll stay out of your way, please just don't tell anyone that I'm here."

I then let go of his hand, put back up my hood and took a few steps away, smirking slightly as he caught my arm, "Hold on, I don't think it's a good idea for you to be out here by yourself."

I frowned, "Well I've recently been emancipated, which means I'm my own woman now and no adult has any say over what I do. So thank you, Mason, but I don't need a babysitter."

Before Mason could reply a voice spoke from behind me and I froze, "Hey Mason, come on, let's go get lunch; I'm hungry."

I turned around and came face to face with Elena. There was no question it was her, but at the same time I knew that this woman couldn't be my friend. Mason then answered her as we stared each other down, "I'm sorry Kathy, but would you mind if I brought a plus one?" I tried to free my arm from Mason's grip, but the man wouldn't let go and instead he pulled me back toward him and grasped my other arm to, effectively pinning me in place, "This one is from my hometown and a bit of a troublemaker, I need to keep an eye on her."

"Let go Mason, I don't need a third parent." My mind was reeling, realizing that the woman standing before me was Katherine Pierce, a vicious vampire who could kill me in an instant. I had to play my cards perfectly.

The woman then approached me and looked directly into my eyes, "Why don't you just calm down a little." I realized she was trying to compel me, so I did as asked and relaxed in Mason's grip, "Good, now why don't you tell me your name?"

"Tabitha Fell," I answered plainly.

Mason sighed behind me, "Kathy, do you really have to do that? She's just a kid."

"I'm just making sure she cooperates, Mason." Kathy then ordered me, "Alright, Tabitha, my name is Katherine, but you can call me Kathy. Why don't you come have lunch with us, and we'll talk."

I nodded and as Katherine turned around, Mason let go of my arms and I proceeded to walk compliantly behind the vampire. With my heart racing, it took all of my strength not to reach for the stake or the wood bullet gun on my person.