Tomb Vampires

We arrived at a house I recognized as old Miss Gibbons's house. The vampire, Harper, set me down and pulled me closer to him when I stepped away, "Stay close. Some of our companions still hold a grudge against members of the Founding Families."

I nodded and kept my mouth shut as we walked inside. We were greeted by Miss Gibbons with a smile on her face, "Welcome back, Harper. This must be the Miss Tabitha that Miss Pearl told me about. Speaking of, she and Miss Anna are waiting for you in the study upstairs."

Harper nodded, "Thank you Miss Gibbons. Please follow me, Miss Fell."

At the mention of my last name every single eye in the room locked onto me. I immediately felt uneasy and fear began to set in. I honestly don't remember getting upstairs and into the study, but I was finally able to breathe a sigh of relief once the doors of the study were closed.

Pearl's voice sounded in her ear, "I'll give you a moment to lower your heart-rate, then we have much to discuss."

After a few breaths, I turned and sat down on the couch opposite of Pearl and Anna, "Why did you call me here? I thought the terms of our deal were already set."

Pearl nodded, "They are, but I need you to do something else for me. You see, today I went to pay a visit to Damon to discuss terms with him in exchange for Katherine's whereabouts."

I frowned, "And what did he say?"

"He refused, which is why I asked you here. Anna tells me that you and Damon are close."

I nodded, "We are, although he and I are in a bit of a fight at the moment."

Pearl smiled, "Then please convince him to help."

"What did you want him to do?"

"He happens to have infiltrated the Founder's Council. I need to know the name of everyone on the Council and of course, the supply of vervain needs to be cut off."

I sighed, "Fine, on one condition."

"Name it."

I looked between Anna and Pearl, "I want Katherine's location."

The two looked between each other before Anna asked, "Why? Why would you of all people want Katherine?"

I folded my arms, shrugging, "Let's just say I have a few questions to ask her. A little unsolved mystery I'm trying to unravel."

Anna's eyes studied me and then her eyebrows raised, "Does this have anything to do with the secret Emily Bennett told you when she branded you? I can't help but notice that the brands on your wrist and neck are gone."

I answered, "Partially. The secret Emily Bennett told me was that Katherine wasn't in the tomb, but then I got to thinking, if Katherine orchestrated her escape then she must have known about the plan to round up all the vampires. However, she made sure that everyone believed she died in that fire. She was running from something, but what would an extremely old and strong vampire need to run and hide from?"

Pearl chuckled, looking at Anna, "I'm starting to like her more and more. Give her the location."

I looked at Anna, "You know where she is?"

"I know where she was going." She grabbed a pad of paper next to her writing something down and then handed it to me, "She was heading for a wolf pack in Florida."

I took the note and asked, "Wolf pack?"

Anna nodded, "Yeah, werewolf pack."

My eyes widened, "Werewolves exist too?"

Pearl nodded, "Yes, although they have been hunted to near extinction because their bite is toxic to vampires."

I frowned, placing a hand on my chin studying the note, "Why would Katherine Pierce be looking for a species whose bite could kill her? Now I have more questions."

Suddenly the door burst open and I was thrown across the room. I cried in pain as Pearl hissed, "Frederick! How dare you attack our guest?!"

"She's a member of the Fell Family, Pearl! She can't be trusted!"

Anna helped me up only to be pushed aside and as I was pinned to the wall by another vampire. "I've been dying to sink my fangs into a Fell." He bit down into me and I screamed, managing to pull out my stake and jab it into his heart. 

As my attacker fell to the floor desiccating, I turned to Frederick and the other vampires now gathered at the study door, "I came here to honor my deal to Pearl, to allow you all to return peacefully to the streets of Mystic Falls. However, I did tell her that if anyone in my town was killed, I'd lock you all back up in that tomb. Let your friend here be a warning to anyone who breaks my deal with Pearl." 

I nodded to the elder vampire who nodded back, "Harper, please escort Miss Fell back to her house. Our deal has been struck."

Harper nodded, "Yes Miss Pearl," before walking over to me and feeding me his blood. He then instructed, "Hold on tight, Miss Fell." 

In a blink of an eye I was back at my house and nodded, "Thank you Harper. Have a good night."

"You as well, Miss Fell." 

As soon as he was gone, I walked inside and pulled out my phone to see a missed call from Elena and Caroline. I called Caroline first, "Hey Caroline how did the double date go?"

"Great until we got back to the Salvatore house and found Damon making out with Matt's mom."

"What?"

"Oh yeah, they were all over each other, it was disgusting."

I frowned, "Please tell me you're joking. Caroline, I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow." I hung up on her and got in my car, speeding to the Salvatore house. I stomped inside and screamed, "DAMON!"

Stefan came down the stairs, "Woah, Tabitha, what are you doing here?"

I pushed Stefan out of my way, "Where is he?!"

That's when I heard his voice, "Couldn't stay away, Tabby Cat?"

I was grabbed, forced up against the nearest wall, and forcibly kissed. I pulled my wood-bullet gun and unloaded several shots into Damon's abdomen. He fell backwards as I screamed, "HOW DARE YOU?! WE HAVE A LITTLE FIGHT AND YOU DECIDE TO GET DRUNK AND SLEEP WITH MATT'S WHORE OF A MOM?!" I unloaded a few more shots into him and continued, "WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT PROMISE YOU MADE?! DIDN'T YOU SAY YOU LOVED ME?! WHY?! WHY DO YOU KEEP HURTING ME?! WHY DO YOU INSIST ON CONTINUALLY AND CONTINUOUSLY BETRAYING MY TRUST AND BREAKING MY HEART?!"

I could feel the tears begin to fall down my face as I turned away heading for the door. However, I stopped in the doorway speaking calmly, but refused to look at either Salvatore, "We're done Damon. And I mean it this time. Don't call me. Don't text me. Don't wait for me outside my house." I wiped my eyes,  before turning to Stefan, "I'm leaving town for a couple days, call me if anything happens."

With that I walked out the door, slamming it shut, got in my car, and sped away. As soon as I had passed the town line I plugged in the address Anna had given me into my GPS and began my trip to Florida to find Katherine Pierce.