Cut Off from the World

For the next four days there was zero contact from Damon and I made an effort to avoid my friends as much as possible. Each day the bite-marks would fade across my skin and I covered them up the best I could with make-up and long sleeve clothing and scarfs.

The hardest person to get away from, however, actually turned out to be my Uncle Logan. He pressured me into moving in with him at his house until further notice and gave me an antique charm bracelet, commanding that I never take it off when I went out. He wanted to know every morning at breakfast where I would be every second of the day and made sure to text me every hour to make sure I was okay and wearing my charm bracelet.

 He wanted to know every morning at breakfast where I would be every second of the day and made sure to text me every hour to make sure I was okay and wearing my charm bracelet

The only person I really talked to was Bonnie. I told her that Damon hadn't contacted me at all since the Founder's Ball and that even if he did reach out to me, I would end it with him. 

It was a mistake from the start anyway. I allowed that self-centered monster to trick me into thinking he could actually be good. It baffled me how much he had actually wormed his way under my skin in such a short amount of time. I hated myself and felt that I deserved the ugly way I looked with the marks covering my skin, so as the bite-marks disappeared, I started to carve new cuts into my skin.

This new habit I had developed I neglected to mention to Bonnie, of course. I knew that if I told her then she would tell Elena who would tell everyone else. And as soon as everyone else knew, I would be placed in a mental hospital and lose my chance of ever having my son live with me.

I would lose my chance of ever being a mother to my child.

Clark was the only thing I had to look forward to in my life. I was done with men and with love. I was not going to let my body be defiled ever again. I was not going to submit to another person. From now on, I was in charge. I didn't need anyone else but myself and I didn't want anyone in my life except my son.

I order to gain an upper hand, I needed a plan and a way to get stronger. With my newly acquired motivation and freedom from Damon. I started weight lifting as well as hired a trainer at the gym to begin teaching me taekwondo, karate, and kickboxing.

In my new determination, I burned Damon's suit coat from the party out in the backyard, but something emerged from the flames unscathed; the crystal necklace.

I pulled it out of the flames and drove to Bonnie's house. "Tabitha, what are you doing here? Are you okay?"

I grabbed her hand and shoved the necklace in it, "I want you to take this and hide it. Give it away, bury it, toss it in the Falls I don't care. If I ever come back for it, no matter how much I beg, cry, or threaten; you cannot give it back to me. Do you understand?"

"No, Tabs, I don't understand."

"Bonnie! Please just promise me that you'll never give me this necklace back!"