.1.

"Miss Evans, get out."

I remained glued to the seat.

"Miss Evans," the professor's voice was harsh and seemed annoyed. Really angry. His brows were drawn together and, as usual, his glasses hung over his eyes as if it was angled where he could see the blackboard clearly. The look of irritation on his face was inevitable, as his old, wrinkled eyes stared at me and, convinced me that I was the cause of his depression.

However, who cares. If anyone did, it's definitely not me.

"Miss Lily Evans!" He almost shouted.

"Really, Professor?" I groaned and looked up, my voice as soft as possible. They say kindness is the key. Yes, kindness will be my key to avoiding his judgmental gaze. I stood where I was and heard my friends giggling. They know what's coming. God, don't let me out. Don't make me –

"Go out."

"Ah," I groaned as I picked up my book and bag, "whatever," I muttered as I walked out of my classroom.

As I passed my old professor and landed in the university hallway, my friends looked at me and mocked my annoyed visage with laughter. The most embarrassing thing in your life is when you go to university and get kicked out of your class like a spoiled kid in high school, yes: that's what I was experiencing at this moment.

My English professor, Mr. Peterson, thought he could do whatever he wanted in the classroom, especially perpetuating a completely conservative and monotonous theory of the family instead of teaching us Shakespeare's plays. He was more enthusiastic about what housewives should and shouldn't do, and it was completely rude and immoral for him to blow off steam instead of telling us why Bassanio in The Merchant of Venice was a lowly coward. No offense to Shakespeare. When the curriculum wasn't finished at the end of the semester, Mr. Peterson would rush through everything.

I'm not interested in listening to his boring Ted talks. So I pulled out my little journal and started painting flowers and anime sketches, and was spectacularly caught and thrown out of class. When I'm bored, I always like to doodle. Moreover, not listening to my professor was enough to get kicked out. I don't care anyway, it's the last class of the day and the bell is about to ring.

I made my way to the university cafeteria, a place that I liked myself, along with the rest of the student body. Our Cafeteria is a wonderful venue that had everything you could think of. Ranging from the most mouth-watering pizza, down to the cheapest store-bought ramen. The university isn't the richest in the state—that could be given to University of Southern California—but it was still well funded because of the rich parents or celebrities that donated lump some amounts to the University .

Yes, I live in Los Angeles, the City of Angels. Although, I find the title ironic. Angels were rarely found around these parts of the great land of the free.

My mom and dad were always at work, so in the end, it's just me by myself most of the time. I don't mind being single because it gives me the opportunity to explore literature, books, my penchant for drawing and writing, and other worlds of fiction and love. This has fuelled my passion in my career and landed me here, taking up an English Literature major in a good university.

As I walked down the hall with my bag over my shoulder, I sighed and thought about the day ahead and how I would spend it. I like to plan my days. As soon as I entered the cafeteria, I was greeted by the smiles of the staff. Come on, I go to the cafeteria more than to class. One of the things I appreciate about my university is the friendliness of the non-faculty. They are not professors, but they greet students with great love. It makes me sad to think I'll be done with the university in a few months.