.3.

"I can't believe we are graduating in just a few days now," Kevin said loudly while holding a cup of coffee like a wine glass to represent a toast.

"And I want to thank each and every one of you for being with me on this monotonous journey," he continued as we all chuckled and laughed at him, "Especially Lyda, who kicked my ex-girlfriend's ass."

Lyda picked up her cup of tea and toasted with him. "I also want to thank Joseph for being an idiot, and I also want to thank sweet Lily," he turned his glass to me, "her love and kindness helped me pass every exam with ease."

"Thank God, he didn't call you a boring granny," Joseph whispered in my ear and I smacked his arm.

The laughter and giggling were contagious as they continued while I sat among my friends for one of the last times during university. Soon we will go to different destinations in our lives. Lyda will join the modeling industry and Kevin will get a job in airport maintenance. Joseph will continue looking after his father's shop, and me? Well—I will continue my studies. I don't have a specific goal, but I want to be an English Literature specialist in romantics.

The word "romanticism" evoked painful memories in my heart. Well–not so painful, because my former crush decided to leave me in humiliation after protecting me from a bunch of Karens. He decided to walk over the childish feelings. He first seemed to be so helpful, but later, cruel. I had quite an emotional episode that day. It's now almost four days since I finished my last assignment and now final semester exams approached us. To be honest, I had no love interests in my life. No boyfriends, no girlfriends, nothing. But I did have stupid crushes everywhere, like my crush on the beautiful stranger who walked out of my life.

Well, that was expected.

"What about you Lily?" Lyda asked, expecting me to say something after Kevin.

"Okay," I coughed and cleared my throat, "I want to thank my parents even though they're not here," everyone rolled their eyes and groaned dramatically, "Of course, I want to thank you all, you're the best company ever," I gratefully smiled at them, "I thought majors were hard, but I know now that nothing is hard when you are with your friends. You all have encouraged me so much and I hope we remain friends like this. Always." Finishing up my speech, I picked up my cup of cappuccino for a toast.

Everyone smiled and raised their cups to clink with each other.

"Honestly, it was a lot of fun," Lyda continued, "I think we should have some hard parties after the exams."

"You are talking about after graduation, Li," Joseph added, "I want to have some hard fun now, let's do something guys."

"I won't play truth and dare like a kid, come on," Kevin rolled his eyes, "grow up, old school kids."

"We've never played never have I ever?" I suggested, taking a step into a conversation.

"We don't have alcohol, Lily," Joseph reminded instantly. "You don't expect me to use caffeine to play this game."

"Shut up guys," everyone turned to look at Lyda who just raised her hands and was holding her phone in one hand, "while I'm here don't worry about having fun. I'm the definition of damn fun—"

"The self-proclaimed queen," Kevin chided, rolling his eyes.

"Shut up, I have a great idea." She slapped Kevin hard on the back.