Epilouge

"Walk faster, moron."

"I can't do that, Jerry!" The man exclaimed, stopping on his way. All of a sudden, the corridor they were walking in, seemed shorter than it was. All of a sudden, the gun he was carrying was starting to feel heavy. His heart was racing against time and perspiration covered his forehead. It was clear to his partner that he was tensed.

"You gotta do that," Jerry's friend and partner commented, and rolled his eyes, "You're his second man, just go tell him that his sister is dead, no more-"

"If I fücking do that," Jerry muttered lowly, "Imma be served as dinner to his lions! Maria was special to him! Her death is gonna cause havoc."

"Everyone knows that the Italians killed him," his partner shrugged his shoulder, "Don Lorenzo is involved-"

"Shh! Keep shut!" Jerry almost whimpered, "We are inside his house, he will finish you if you take the names of the Italians."

He raised his hands to surrender, "Got it bro, Ion care anymore you see. Just go ahead and spill the beans will ya? Tell him whatever you go and get over with it."

Jerry took a deep breath, knowing the fact that it was what it was. He was the second hand of Adrian Salvatore, the head of the American Mafia and only their family knew that Maria Salvatore was not Italian but an American by birth. Jerry knew it as well, he was working for Adrian for the last fifteen years. He knew whatever happened to Maria and he had pictures to prove his statement as well. Adrian was a believer in facts. It would be a life-threatening job to inform him about his sister's death, that too if he did not have any concrete facts against it. Therefore, he had pictures to support him in this dangerous journey. Jerry was almost shivering because he knew the anger of his boss well.

"Go ahead man," his partner coaxed him to walk to the door where Adrian was.

He nodded his head, walking to the door and knocking softly yet firmly. His legs were shivering by then. All of a sudden, his throat tightened. His body felt weakened. His mind was blurred.

"Enter," there was a voice from the other side. A guff, deep voice that could pierce through the door and make Jerry fall right on the floor. The voice was as deep as the hollows of the dark forests.

He entered the room, taking a deep breath and looking at his master, who was sitting on the black reclining chair in front of him. The house resided by the American Mafia was no less than a horror house, for it was dark in all sense. The room which Adrian liked the most was covered with blackness, but there was a tinge of gold around. It was like dark royalty. Adrian looked dangerous - he felt dangerous even to his second-hand Jerry, who handled almost all his businesses. He was sitting in his place like a king. His face was still hidden in the darkness, and it looked like it was an inhuman power residing on the seat. His long arms were resting on the sides, and he was relaxed, waiting for his pet to talk.

However, Jerry was not able to talk. He was breathing heavily, and drops of perspiration fell from his face. He gulped the lump forming in his throat and started to utter the horrifying truth.

"Sir-" Jerry stuttered, and looked down in fear and sadness. There was sadness because Maria was no more, and there was fear because he might be no more as well if he did any mistake, "I have some very sad news for you."

His boss tensed a little and motioned his head for Jerry to continue. For the first time, he peered his head out of the darkness to address Jerry.

"S-sir the Italians killed your sister, madam Maria..." The words finally left his mouth, "sir we really tried our best to save her-

"Say that again,"

Jerry wouldn't dare now. No, he would not dare repeating the words that could the cause of his demise.

"Sir this is unfortunate news..." He continued with more sadness in his voice, "our Madam Maria is no more. The Italian Mafia killed her."

"What happened?" His voice was low, as if a snake was slithering, waiting to release venom.

"Maria was involved with the Genesis brothers for a long period of time. She plotted to murder them by kidnapping Vincenzo Genesis' girlfriend Lily Evans, but the plan did to work out and she was killed by the Italians."

"Why was she killed if her planned failed?" His voice turned deeper, like a tunnel with no end. Jerry could feel the wrath radiating from his master's body.

"She managed to shoot Lorenzo Genesis and Lily Evans," he concluded pulling out some pictures from his pocket that were taken secretly by a spy in front of Vincenzo's house, "Therefore that misfortune happened.."

"Show me the face of the girl."

Jerry took a step closer, bringing the pictures closer and focusing on the candid picture of Lily that was taken by their spy during the shoot.

His boss took the phone and looked at the picture with an intense glare. There was silence, and it was painful for Jerry to bear that silence because he knew something was going to happen. Something worse. It was the silence before the storm.

All of a sudden, things happened too quick to register. Adrian took out his gun swiftly, and it was too quick to understand. Holding it with ease, he shot Jerry in his left leg. A painful scream filled the room.

"This was for delivering me the sad news," he spoke clearly and precisely.

Imagine if just for delivering the sad news, Jerry was shot in his leg. He was now tossing and turning in pain, and the floor was covered with blood in no seconds. Now the question remained, if this was the result for Jerry, what would be the demise of the people who actually killed his sister?

The pictures were still clutched in the hands of Adrian, who swiftly took it closer to his face to examine the girl who was the cause of his anger. She was indeed a beautiful girl, and he could see why the billionaire doctor fell for her. Her eyes were soft but filled with panic and terror as he noticed this picture was taken in motion. He could see the fear in Dr Vincenzo Genesis' eyes as the girl seemed to move in front of him. It was probably taken when Maria was aiming at Vincenzo and Lily came in between.

But do you know what was the exciting part? he was not a fan of love stories. Too sad he was a sadistic King.

The story had just begun.