.30.

I was having the most terrible day of my life.

Whenever I read about action-packed romance novels, the girls were always saved by dashing men. Everything happened for a good reason in the books, and the love story always improved with time. But who knew that real life would be so difficult and painful to face? Running, running running. Pacing fast, rushing towards everywhere. I was still running and trying my best to follow every instruction that Elena gave me. Her instructions proved to be helpful because as I started following her words, they proved to be correct. I still had no idea who she was. She was a stranger, and it was extremely shocking how she was trying to save me. She knew me, she knew Maria and Vincenzo and even his brother which I had no about more. However, the scariest thing that she mentioned was the word that didn't even sound good in fiction or books.

Mafia.

Mafia was not a joke. Mafia was not something to be casual about. It was, after all, the question between life and death. This was not a novel written by me or some author. I was terrified about how she mentioned that I was trapped in a web of the mafias and my biggest fear would be if Vincenzo was a part of it... The thought made me nauseous.

I heard footsteps with each step I took. I stopped at times, bending down, crawling away if I sensed danger. The warehouse was enormous and it was getting difficult to follow Elena's directions with each passing second. The footsteps went louder, and my heartbeat increased to the point where I could hear it thumping loudly against my chest.

walk straight and then turn left. You will find a door with a lock there. The password of the lock is halfasieion. Type it, get inside the other room and walk towards the left till you find they exist.

Her instructions rang inside my ears over and over again. I had to remember every single detail very carefully so I could leave for here. There were sections decided inside this warehouse and I was trapped in one of them. I was known with the password of the other section of the warehouse from where I could leave once and for all. After leaving here, I would swore to myself to never crossways with Vincenzo Genesis ever again.

After walking in a straight direction, there came one point when there were two ways in front of me. My breaths quickened and I wondered if this was the area where Elena asked me to take left so it could take me to a door from where I could go to another area inside the warehouse. Without thinking anymore, I quickly turned to my left direction, running as fast as I could. Soon, soon Lily, run faster! I reminded myself again and again so I could control my raging emotions that were mixed presently. Tears continued to escape my eyes but I was not ready to accept my defeat yet. I had to get away and save myself.

After running for minutes, I finally found a door that Elena talked about. It was an enormous door, almost thrice the size of me. The door was the only way out now, and it has a small screen with a small keyboard at the side. There was no other way because I was surrounded by high walls that touched the ceiling. The aisle that turned narrow and the door was the only way, or else I had to walk back from where I came.

It was a do-or-get-killed situation for me.

I took a deep breath and wiped the perspiration off my forehead. I was a sweating mess now, and my clean braided hair was now tangled in various ways. The casual pair of white shirts I was wearing with my denim was now covered in dirt and mud, and I was feeling pain all over my body.

halfasieion, that was the password.

I typed h-a-l-f first and then I was a little concerned with the rest of its spelling. I shook my head, trying to focus carefully. I typed f-a-s-i-e-i-o-n and tried to remember the way Elena spoke the word. Being an English graduate, I was always in a habit to understand the sound of every syllable, and I was so glad to have focused in my classes back then. I finally pressed the entrance waiting for the miracle to happen.