.33.

"Sit down, Lily," Vincenzo commanded me with his old-fashioned dominating voice. Well, I was not in the mood to listen to him anymore.

As soon as we left the building, I was completely stunned by the change in mood of Elena. All this time she was crying out in pain, and the moment she stepped out of the warehouse, she instantly relaxed but still hurried us to get into Vincenzo's car. Thankfully, no other men followed us behind anymore. Vincenzo geared off his Aston Martin to the speed of light, and made it fly on the road. He was driving, and there was another man sitting next to him. Elena sat beside me in the backseat, and I could not reach a conclusion about why her behaviour changed.

The ride was silent and solemn, because none of us had anything to say. It was a messed-up situation. Vincenzo had a lot of answering to do to me, but he was not even glancing at me. It was really pissing me off to the point when I wanted to shout at him, but I controlled my anger and kept my mouth shut.

And guess what? The moment we entered his large mansion's living area, he was back to his old and cold attitude, which he used when he got to know about the prank call. Now now now, I wasn't really in the mood to return back to my past. Therefore, I did not sit down, and stared at him blankly.

"I said sit down," he said a little louder, turning to look at me.

Elena and the other boy tensed slightly, looking at the battle we were waging with our eyes. I almost wanted to slap Vincenzo for hiding so many important truths from me.

"Um," Elena spoke after some time, "I think me and Jason should leave for some dinner preparation, you know. You guys can talk."

She quickly turned around towards the second floor, and the guy named Jason followed suit. I was glad about it. Now I was having the privacy I craved for so long.

"What?" He questioned me before I could begin, "Don't look at me with your judgy eyes when all I wanted to do is to save you-"

"You are engaged to that girl, Maria," my voice broke while I tried to speak. The thought of them together was nauseous and I doc not accepted it even one per cent.

"Yes I am, and I don't want to explain you now -"

"Shut up!" I broke down completely, as uncountable tears escaped my eyes. That was it, I was done with Vincenzo's changing behaviour. If he still thought that he didn't owe any explanations to me about him and Maria and the fact that he belonged to a Mafia family, then I was so ready to break whatever we build up for the past months.

"Shut up," my voice shuddered while I wiped my tears, "Just shut up Vincenzo Genesis... You can't walk over my heart without any explanation. I didn't ask you to get close to me but you did and now I have fallen in love with you! And now... Now you say that you don't want to give me any explanation after I was at the gunpoint by your psychotic brother and fiancee."

He stayed silent for a few minutes, and then what he spoke was completely tracked, "You have fallen in love with me?"

I cursed myself at the mistake. This wasn't the time to express my feelings and I did it unintentionally and he had heard it well. My blood ran warm at the way he looked at me, with shock evident on his face.

No Lily, focus. He had secrets that you were unaware of. Demand answers, my mind told me constantly and that was what I was focused on doing.

"That's not the point," I quickly contradicted him, "I need-"

However, Vincenzo did not let me complete my statement at all. It happened so fast that I did not register the moment when he stepped so close to me. One moment we were talking with a good distance in between us, and the next moment Vincenzo took long, quick steps at me and pressed his body over me. His hands cupped both of my cheeks hard, making my lips pout.