.29.

I remembered when I was a young girl, I was scared of a lot of things. I was afraid of going outside because I felt that trouble was around me all the time. I always felt safe and secure when my parents were around me. For this twisted psychology of me, I was deprived of many friendships during my junior and middle school times. I was awkward, scared, and always felt that I was not good enough to walk out of any situation myself. People called me weak, pathetic and whatnot, but I knew that I was a strong lady from inside.

When I got a little older, I understood the importance of a girl like me in society. I finally broke through my shell and started to feel braver and stronger. I rebelled against my parents who were not allowing me to study English. Let us assume it was puberty that hit me hard and made me realize that I could not depend on each and everyone always for my good. I realized that strength was not just physical. Mental strength was much more important. I was not weak at all, but I was quite strong mentally. I used to cry, but I also used to get up and wipe my own tears. Most importantly, I believed that kindness was a powerful strength.

So when Maria Salvatore, Vincenzo Genesis' fiancee pointed a gun at me, I felt the same level of fear and terror that I overcame as a growing girl. I had never seen a real gun, and the strong dominance that she was trying to bring on me was successful because I was in pain both physically and mentally. My heart was bruised because never in my worst dreams did I imagine that Vincenzo would have a fiancee. It was a huge blow to my heart. Moreover, the first time Maria hit me with the back of her gun, I knew I was a goner. I had been defeated by her wholly.

However, I was no one to accept my defeat and sit quietly.

When I got back into my senses, I found myself tied. With ankles, and wrists tied securely, I found myself in an old factory-like setting. It might be an old warehouse or an abandoned building, I had no idea where was I. My forehead was still hurting, and a strong pain was emerging from the area where she had hit me. I was sitting on the dirty ground, and a cloth was tied around my mouth. When I eventually realized the conditions I was in, anger and frustration ran into my veins. I imagined that I would be magically saved, and Vincenzo would do something- anything to help me. But nothing, Maria was truthful when she told me that Vincenzo cared nothing for me. It was a brutal truth, and I had already accepted it. I was so naive that I thought he would be interested in a girl like me. No one was coming to save me, and I had to get myself out to prove that I was a strong individual.

Therefore, I started trying my best to remove the knots tied to my body. It was quite easy to get rid of the cloth around my mouth since I had pushed it down my chin with the help of my lips and cheeks muscle. I had to bring my wrist closer to my lips so I could try to untie me before someone checked on me. I could hear the fainting footsteps, which signified that there were people around me. Whoever Maria was, she was a powerful person to appoint other people to keep a watch on me. After every twenty minutes, two men with masks on their faces came closer to check if I still fainted or not. Much to my surprise, I acted really well to prove that I was still unconscious while the real deal was something different. I was trying my best to untie my hands. It was time to prove myself for once, at least once in my life.

My jaw was hurting soon. The ropes were thick, and the tie was professional - there was no doubt in that. However, still, I was able to untie one of the knots that were secured in my left wrist. I pulled onto the rope as hard as I could, and my teeth and gum were stinging badly by then. I tried and tried, to open the other final knot to get rid of the ropes of my left hand. Eventually, after minutes of struggling, I was finally able to do so.

As soon as my first hand was opened, it became easier to untie my right hand now. I quickly pulled into the knots and within minutes, it was of me. The relief I felt outmatched every possible joy I could imagine. The sense of freedom after the constraints of the ropes was jovial contentment, but I had a long way to go now. I had to untie my legs as well, and secretly get out of this terrible place I was in. I had to save myself.