.37.

Did you ever have a moment in life where you felt that life has ended for you?

Well, I faced such moments in my life.

The first time was when I was in second grade and fainted in my school. I thought I was never going to see my mommy and daddy again, but I guess it was such dehydration and nothing else.

And the next moment was when I fell down the stairs from the third floor and broke my nose. While I was falling, I thought I was a goner but I survived.

And then, now was the same moment. I was in complete whiteness, and I was lost here. And it was not that painful. There was only light there, and for a moment I felt like Harry Potter. I remembered the scene where he met with Dumbledore in between nowhere. But there was no train where I was in.

"She will be okay," I heard a faint voice in the white light I was in. It was a familiar voice, and it sounded like it belonged to a lady.

"I know, I am her doctor after all," I heard another voice, and the white light disappeared from the sight. The voice I heard this time was special, it was worth remembering. His name kept on ringing in my head and I smiled silently, knowing the fact that I was alive. I was alive and this was not a dream. I could feel his fingers on my arm, and it was the most beautiful feeling I felt.

I knew he would save me. Somewhere deep inside my heart, I had a strong faint in his professional skills in treatment. He was the best doctor in the whole world for me, and he would go to any extent just to save me. Which is another reason why I didn't hesitate to jump in front of him to take the bullet. But then...But then I didn't know what happened after I took Vincenzo's shot. Maria had also shot Lorenzo... And somehow I wished for him to be safe. Elena and he deserved each other.

"She's flicking her eyelids," the voice of the lady cautioned Vincenzo. I tried hard to open my eyes. Now that the whiteness around me was gone, I wanted to look around and see Vincenzo.

"Lily, Lily can you hear me?" I heard his Boyce clearer this time, and now I was successful in opening my eyes. I was greeted with all sorts of colourful lights all around me. There was sunlight reaching from the windows and falling down on my bed. The bed was huge, and the room was tarts fully decorated with a TV set and a recliner at the side of the room. Few machines by my bed. The hospital room was quite elegant and classy and it did not take me long to realize I was in one of the best rooms at Vincenzo's hospital. I needed to pay him for all.

But I doubted he would take any sum of money.

Never mind, I was still paying him back. Hmph.

"Yes," I nodded my head softly, "Your voice is not at all calming right now."

He stared blankly at me.

"I was kidding," I laughed loudly. I was feeling a lot lighter now when I had known that I survived the bullet. Although there was not much pain all around my body.

"Leave us alone," he instructed the nurse who was with me the first time I was bought there after getting betrayed by my dearest friend who had a strong obsession with Vincenzo. Thinking about her made me feel nauseous.

The nurse obeyed and now it was only me and Vincenzo. He started to caress my face after a while and looked down at me.

"I have questions for you."

"You sound like a boring history teacher," I frowned, "It's not even five minutes since I woke up. I will go back to sleep now."

"Lily," he warned my lowly.

"Fine," I chuckled, "What are the questions, doctor?"