.2.

"Lily?" A voiced called out to me.

It was a soft voice, even sweet to an extent. It sounded as though a small little chime of a bell that could soothe your mind with its sound.

However, the person was completely different. Moreover, It was the reason for me to ignore it.

"Lily?"

Just ignore it, Lily, I whispered in my mind.

"Lilyyyy?"

She's dragging it out this time.

I tried to ignore as best as I could, that was, until a hand suddenly blocked my vision from the page that I was reading. There goes my time of joy.

Peeking my head up from the hand, my eyes fell upon their owner, Lyda Greenwood.

Her blue eyes sparkled within the light of the room. Her plump lips quirked up into a sweet-doll smile. A smile that certainly wasn't any guilty of cutting through my reading of Dante's Inferno.

"What's the matter, Lyda?" I asked, which only made her grin all the more wider seemingly that she had now caught my attention.

"Do you know who will be the guest of honor at our graduation ceremony?" She asked me curiously, her blue eyes blinking with a exciting light, her left brow arching to show more of her curiosity.

"The one who'll issue our certificates? You know anything about that?" She added.

I didn't really, nor did I care of whom the honor would be passed onto rather. The graduation was close, that I knew, but beyond that, I never really caught wind of anything. Seeing that it wasn't the greatest of importance to me. Except for the fact that I would just need my Graduation Certificate for Masters.

Focusing back on the book, a hum escapes my lips, "No, I don't really."

I focused on the pages of my book again, having known that the subject was irrelevant and unimportant to me, and shrugged her off by asking casually, "Who?"

I could practically feel her ever widening grin growing as she started to talk, "You won't believe me! He's a star, but not those like actors. I'll present him with flowers as soon as he arrives. God, Lily, he's..."

"Is that so..?" I nodded, not really paying attention anymore as her words began to fade out into obscurity.

Who would be curious about the celebrities who were invited to proms and events every year? Los Angeles is the official residence of many actors, models, billionaires, and others. It's no longer a surprise. The most important thing for me is the Graduation Certificate, which is my ticket towards my dream university-Harvard.

That was important to me. Not someone who had status above everything else.

Ever since I started loving literature, it had always been my dream to be involved in a literary career. At first, my parents were hesitant. Doubtful, would be a good enough descriptor.

'Literature? Lily, are you going to become a writer now? You won't earn anything from it. If you are a literature teacher, no one will hire you. The annual salary of a teacher is very low! Don't waste any more time-'

Do you want to hear what I did to get the verdict back? I just turned them off. It's my life, my rules. I had to live my life on my own terms. First, I talked about the importance of teachers and how writers can make a lot of money if they are successful. Secondly, literature is my passion. Eventually, they got it.

"His name is Vincenzo Genesis-oh! I mean Dr. Vincenzo Genesis," she continued with a childish giggle, "A successful young doctor! And he is a celebrity doctor too! So successful, god -so sexy! He's the most eligible bachelor-"