.16.

La Pose was not a normal nightclub. It was a straight definition of classified nightlife.

I first went there when Jessica, the head cheerleader of our high school threw a party for her seventh boyfriend. I was very young then, eighteen years, and it was the first time I was visiting a nightclub. I remembered it was Lyda who lied to my parents saying we would be doing our homework together when we were hitting the party. I always looked back at my school memories, and smiled nonchalantly.

In the nightclub, the only things I remembered were the flavors of the strong drinks that I had. However, this time when Joseph's car dashed against the roads as he parked in the parking area, my breath hitched in my throat. There was a certain kind of nervousness running through my veins. After whatever happened today, which I wanted to forget, I was somewhat puzzled by whatever steps I was taking.

I always had my life planned. Everything was planned, the things I would buy, the clothes I would wear, literally, everything was either planned by me or the decision was in the hands of my parents. I liked my things organized, I always wished my life to be organized, so when it turned out differently and ended up with me facing unplanned situations, I had uncertainty in my mind.

"We are here," Joseph announced, with a tinge of excitement in his light voice.

I opened the door and stepped out. Taking a good amount of time, I looked at one of the marvelous creations of L.A. The exterior of the nightclub was magnificent. It was mostly blue-coloured, and it was two-storied, which did not surprise me because the club had a lot of private areas for the wealthy playboys of the city. The number of lightning details was astonishing. There were certain rectangular shapes on the walls, which made everything look classier. We stepped out of the parking area and walked towards the entry door, where a bulky man was standing.

Joseph passed him some dollars and his identity card. The bulky man nodded his head and turned to the side to make some space for us to go in. I chuckled, observing how things worked there. You could buy anyone and anything with extra bucks, it was simple. The one who had more money was more powerful than the rest. Joseph walked ahead of us, and Lyda and I followed him behind. Through another gate, we entered the place which justified its name so well. La pose.

It was everything a nightclub was made up of. It was a wild night. I could not recognise any faces, because everyone looked dark under the blue and green hues of the party lighting. Every corner of the ceiling had different coloured lights. There were chandeliers but not the old-fashioned ones. Sleek long pieces of glass hung down in all shapes, and it was a breathtaking view of how creativity was kept when the nightclub was built. There was a huge dance floor, with special flooring that had led rays creeping out from the corners. It was a raised platform, and there was a music player by the corner. The bar step-ups were splendid. Almost every corner had couch settings, with glass tables to keep their drinks. The bars were at the center, with many sitting areas nearby. Joseph walked towards the dance floor, making space for himself while I and Lyda walked towards one of the normal sitting areas. I found Lyda's hands holding mine, while she bought her face closer to my ears.

"Can we talk now, Lily?" She asked, and it sounded like a mere whisper because of the loud music playing in the background.

I looked at her skeptically, "You brought me to a loud nightclub to talk? You could have taken me to a library."

She shrugged her shoulders, "I wanted to have fun with you."

"Sure, after telling Vincenzo Genesis that I called him up."

She sighed deeply, "You don't know the whole story."

"So tell me the whole story, Lyda," I stared calmly. I wanted to see what excuses she gives now and hear the other side of the story.