.28.

Vincenzo

I wanted to kill everyone.

I would kill every fucking person who was against me since the dawn of time. I was feeling rage, a very strong amount of rage rushing through my veins constantly. The wrath was blinding me, and if it was not for Jason, I would have lost my calm and my operation would have gone worse. History was proof that Vincenzo Genesis had no records of unsuccessful operations or unsatisfied patients. I was a doctor because it was my passion, but it required a great deal of mental strength which I was lacking presently due to unavoidable circumstances. I had lost every ounce of calmness and strength ever since Maria had called me. I was attending to a very important patient. It was the Vice President of The United States. After doing the monthly treatment of the President Of the U.S.A, I had a couple of appointments of other important officials to work on. Every patient from the White House was an asset, and I was the most successful doctor in the entire country who was in charge of them. I was very content with how things were turning out. I comprehended that Lily would be safe. I believed she would be fine till I return and ask her to be my girlfriend. For once, I was happy in life. For the first time, I was looking forward to life, apart from continuing to help people with my medical knowledge. I was finding a reason to smile through her, and the past was almost blurred in front of my eyes.

Until.

Until everything started with him again, the person who had become my bloodthirsty enemy. The person I despised and who despised me as well. The most hated soul for me.

Lorenzo Genesis, my brother.

I was born like any other kid in Italy. I had a younger brother of two minutes and a younger sister whom I used to love dearly. My father was a businessman and my mother was a baker who ran a simple bakery. It was a beautiful family. Everything was perfect. My brother Lorenzo shared a deeper bond with my father while I was more inclined with my mother. Her smile was precious to me, everything about her was so chaste and motherly that I concluded myself to be the luckiest child on earth. She used to bake me all sorts of cookies, delicious cakes, and all kinds of delicacies that always melted in my mouth. She used to put me up on the kitchen counter every day so I would have company even when she was busy with cooking and baking. She used to sleep along with me, and stitch me sweaters in the winter. It was immense love and blessing to have a mother like her. I had spent less time with my father, because he was a so-called busy business, and that was what I was told until the day I turned fourteen and I got to know the brutal truth my family was hiding from me.

Mafia.

I belonged to the most powerful Mafia gang in Europe, The Genesis La Votte. My father was not a simple businessman, as I expected him to be. He ran a business more dangerous, darker, and unfortunately, my brother was already a part of it. I never expected such brutality from my family. I still tried my best to accommodate myself to the changing situations. Now that the family secret was out, I had seen the darkness and depth of the dark world. I had seen an unknown fear present in my mother's eyes. I saw horrible things that were too gore to describe. The worst part of it- was I saw Lorenzo investing himself fully in the Mafia. He started carrying guns, drinking at a very young age, and murdering people, while I focused on my books. I was aspiring to be a doctor, and a doctor was a person who healed people even when they were dying. How would I save people when my own family were the ones to kill them, the thought always haunted me until one night...

That night, I did the worst thing in my life. I had a huge past that was not worth sharing. I wanted to forget it, and it was the main reason why I came to America to build my career. I had money with me- the full amount of money that my mother kept for me before passing away. I used the whole money wisely, by building my career as an entrepreneur as well as preparing myself to be a doctor. Being a doctor was always my first priority but my business skills came as handy, and I used it with caution.