.11.

"I do not wish to communicate with you,"

Those were my only words to her.

"For God's sake, Lily! Just hear me out for one!" Lyda groaned, annoyed, and banged my door for the fifth time.

I kept quiet, letting her beat her hand on my door yet again. There was nothing I could do about her anymore. Hell, I didn't even want to recall I was friends with her for years.

"Lily, be sensible for once, can't we talk like old folks?" She pleaded but her soft voice had absolutely no effect on me.

I rested my heavy head on the couch, letting her blabber till she could. This door would only open when my mom and dad would enter in the evening. There was no freaking way I was letting these bunch of good for nothing people in my life again.

"Lily..." She sighed deeply, "Please hear me out once."

After that day in the office of the not-so-kind, highly judgemental, idiotic and the rudest Doctor Vincenzo Genesis, I locked myself in my house. I did not wish to meet or talk to anyone, and it was the third day I was keeping my bruised, freshly broken heart safe from other guys and my friends who weren't who they were supposed to be.

Unfortunately, I could not meet Brian as well, who was kind enough to understand my circumstances when I told him my health wasn't well.

At least a normal person like me, Brian was sensible enough to understand whereas the most knowledgeable, the most successful man did not even hear my story out. His anger was expected. He had every right to be angry,  but harassing me and humiliating me like that, he had nothing. Absolutely no right to do that to me. He insulted me more than I had even thought about speaking ill to him, just thinking about it made me feel nauseous. I was not the one to be blamed, Lyda was. 

However, there was no way that truth would be bought out again. Lyda had done it—ruined me in front of Vincenzo's eyes. Nothing could help me anymore.

I wiped my tears, noticing that there were no more knocks at my door, much to my relief. I was glad she left. Somewhere, I realized I could not blame Lyda completely. If Vincenzo went to her first, she must have defended herself and talked shit about me. It was her nature but I could not blame anyone for trying to save themselves.  However, I do blame Vincenzo Genesis for a lot of things. He had a choice: a damn choice to listen to both sides of the story. He could have seen both sides of the coin before just hearing her story and speaking nothing but bullshit to me.  People will talk bad, but it depends on the individual to believe it or not.

I was so enraged but at the same time, I was so hurt and my insides throbbed in pain. Nothing felt good anymore. I was supposed to be so happy and enthusiastic about my graduation. Tomorrow was my graduation day, the day I was waiting for so long. I wanted to hold my degree, I wanted to celebrate it with my family and friends, but now with the state of mind I was in, nothing felt good anymore. I was going to wear matching dresses with Lyda as Joseph captured every moment in his camera.

Yes, we were supposed to match dresses for our graduation ceremony. Yes, I was supposed to be happy, I was supposed to be looking forward to my day, yet all I could do was cry behind closed doors. I wanted to ask her where our friendship went wrong. I wanted to demand answers but to be truthful and logical, I was tired of it. I was tired of everything. Whatever happened, already happened and nothing could bring back the self-respect I lost that day.

"I know girls like you, I have dealt with girls like you, but judging by your innocent appearance, I didn't think you would be one of those girls who would stoop so low.."

His words rang in my head.

"You insulted me, at first I thought it was some child, But when I discovered it was you, things got clearer in my mind. You were one of those girls who wanted to end up on the bed of rich people by doing actions that would gain your attention. You have targeted me since the day you saw me at the university."