7a

Darkness drowned her senses. She seemed trapped in a bottomless abyss from which she could not wake. How long had it been? Time eluded her.

Her eyes fluttered. Slowly they peeled open on their own accord. The world around her seemed to be upside down. It took a few seconds for her mind to make sense of her reality. No, the world wasn’t upside down; she was the one hanging upside. And wait... why was she moving?

Narvari blinked rapidly at the taut ass staring right in her face. Someone was carrying her on their shoulder and moving at a brisk pace. Whoever it was must be really strong. Fatigue clawed at her bones. It was enough to stop Narvari from fighting back.

“Strange. The xuul says there’s still a demon around here somewhere. But it’s not telling me the order.”

AzmelNarvari recognized the voice. This was no dream then?

For a moment, she thought Azmel was the one carrying her. But taking a look at the tiny waist in that mini skirt, she thought better of it.

“Mine isn’t working either.” That was Pheera’s voice. “You don’t think it’s broken, do you?”

“No. But I do think the demon is concealing its order.”

“The wraith lord?” Narvari heard the shock in Pheera’s voice. “But lesser demons can’t conceal their nature.”

“No,” Azmel said. “But greater demons can.”

The world stopped around Narvari. It took her a while to realize that Pheera had stopped walking.

Pheera said, “Are you saying there’s a greater demon here? Should we call for backup?”

“It’s merely a hypothesis.” He paused. “But we still need to be careful. If the demon’s order is too high to vanquish, we’ll have to capture it instead.”

They were really still talking about demons, Narvari thought.

She suddenly stiffened as a stifling aura held her very soul hostage. Narvari clenched her jaws, her body shivering as though consumed by a blizzard. Although she found the idea of demons ridiculous, she knew for certain that the malevolent energy in the atmosphere was nothing but a demonic aura. It made her want to cower in fear.

Pheera jumped back while holding on to Narvari carefully.

A loud cackle tore through the still night. The laughter was manic and psychotic. Narvari was certain that the laughter belonged to the same person responsible for that demonic aura. A knot tied in her stomach.

Pheera gently put Narvari down.

“You’re awake?” The expression in those blue eyes was that of shock. Pheera quickly recovered from her shock. “Stay here, okay? Everything will be alright.”

“What’s going on?” Narvari asked. She tried to get back on her feet, but the strength in her feet failed her. All she did was lean on the wall behind her.

Pheera smiled softly at her. Without saying a word, the girl stood up, her back to Narvari. Why was she being so cryptic? And what did she do to her?

Azmel stood a few meters away from Pheera. He held a ridiculously large gun that belonged in a science fiction movie.

“Gear up,” Azmel said. “It’s here.”