25

Global Power International Prophetic Church, GPIPC for short (which was also too damn long), was located nationwide in Ghana. However, Richard had visited the main church in what was known as Glorious Temple in La Paz. Initially, Narvari had thought the church was in the capital of Bolivia. Richard, however, assured her that La Paz was in Ghana.

Using the geolocation system in the xuul, Azmel configured the location code opening a portal in a secluded alley thirty meters away from the church. They made their way out of the alley into a more bustling part of the town.

People went about their daily life as if the heaps of rubbish scattered along the pothole-filled streets and stagnant open drainage were just normal. Honking cars were the order of the day. It seemed that it was some kind of a ritual for taxis and minivans to just blare their horns as they passed by.

Narvari noticed that wherever they went, people just stared at them in amusement. At first, she thought the people were staring because of their odd uniforms but she soon realized they were staring at Azmel. He was the only white person in a place full of dark-skinned people. Even Narvari fit right in. Azmel didn't seem to mind though and just kept walking with his usual grave aura.

Another thing that culturally shocked Narvari was the large billboards advertising so many different churches. The largest one so far was the billboard of the GPIPC, situated right beside the massive conglomerate of a church. All the advertisement boards of the GPIPC had images of a young fair-skinned man (fair skinned in African parlance) wearing various stylish suits in each image.

Narvari recognized the man as Prophet Daniel Adjei Yeboah. In one of the images, the young prophet sat on a golden throne looking very serious with his sharp jawline. He might be a scheming bastard, but he was photogenic.

A scheming photogenic bastard.

After admiring the splendor of the church's architecture, Narvari followed Azmel inside. It was only Wednesday, and Narvari had not expected to see anyone in the church. Boy was she wrong. Several dozens of cars parked outside with even more people heading over into the main building of the church. Apparently, Sunday was not the only day people went to church. She was learning a lot of things today.

They were about to enter the church hall when a middle-aged woman in a stylish African print dress approached them.

"Welcome to Glorious Temple, Beloved in Christ," she said cheerfully. "My name is Sister Abigail."

Narvari glanced at Azmel but he said nothing. So she said, "We are here to see Prophet Daniel Adjei Yeboah."

Sister Abigail smiled widely. "Are you here for the consultation? Wednesday is consultation day."

Narvari narrowed her eyes. She had no idea what this woman was talking about. Luckily, Azmel spoke up. "Yes, we're here for consultation."

"Oh, okay. I hope you have prepared your consultation fee?"

"Consultation fee?" Narvari raised a brow

"Oh, yes. It's five hundred Ghana Cedis. You will only see the prophet when you pay the fee. It's a small investment for all the big things God is about to do in your life." She smiled kindly as if she had not just tried to rip them off. Or maybe she truly believed in that.

Did Sister Abigail know that she was going to the church of a literal demon worshipper?

"Of course," said Azmel. "We have the fee."

We do? She kept a straight face though.

"Both of you?" asked the woman.

Azmel shrugged. "Sure."