24a

Narvari was not sure what time it was but what she was certain of was that this was indeed an unholy time to be waking up. She yawned when her xuul beeped again. A notification. 

Narvari bolted out of her much larger bed—the sleep was suddenly gone. She switched on the lamp on her bedside table then took her xuul. It was only 5:45 am. Narvari opened the notification and a rectangular holographic screen hovered above the xuul's touchscreen with a message on it:

New Mission Team Azmel

Complainant: Richard Oko Armah

Location Code: AF-GH-001-AR5-29

Case type: Private

Emergency Level: Yellow

Based on the Location Code, they were going somewhere in the Greater Accra Region of Ghana. She just wasn't sure where exactly since she had not memorized all the location codes. Well, at least she was going to Ghana as she had wanted. But the emergency level was only yellow which meant that their mission was going to be rather boring.

Depending on how urgent the mission was, they were classified into red, orange, and yellow. While red was the most urgent, yellow was the least urgent.

After a quick preparation, she went to find her team in the Junior Lounge. Azmel, Yanvirrak, and Pheera were already waiting, smartly dressed in their black and green vanquisher uniform.

"Nice suit," Pheera said, a sweet smile adorning her beautiful face. Narvari grinned like an idiot.

"You're late," said Azmel in his no-nonsense voice. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" Narvari followed the team out of the Junior Lounge.

"Weapons Room," said Yanvirrak, as if that alone was enough explanation.

"For what?"

"Um, weapons." Yanvirrak shook his head like he did not believe she had just asked him that.

Narvari narrowed her eyes. She had never considered that vanquishers needed weapons since they already had their savaz. After a few moments of passing several hallways, they came across an elevator and stepped inside.

Azmel punched the elevator keypad taking them deep underground.

Seconds later, the elevator door opened.

"Holy shit." Narvari gaped as she stepped into a ridiculously large room full of futuristic-looking machines, vehicles, and just about anything one would find in the garage of a billionaire superhero. Exactly how much money did the school make from killing demons even with the few vanquishers they had?

A small group of people in black overalls roamed all over the place doing various things. Some cleaned up strange gadgets she had never seen before, others worked on expensive-looking cars and motorcycles, while others stood before large wall screens doing... She had no idea what they were doing.

All of this was in Draghein School? Since when?

A petite woman with short blue hair slid on a mechanic creeper from beneath a silver sports car. Getting back on her feet, she promenaded towards them, smiling cheerfully.

"If isn't Team Az." She waved curtly.

"Well, hello there, the ever-so-lovely Grain," said Yanvirrak.

"Aw, you flatter me, Yan. But I'm still not giving you the plasma grenade."

"Damn."

The woman laughed. Her amused eyes stopped on Narvari. "And you must be our newest recruit. Narv, is it?"