23

Pheera felt a blush creeping on her face. Narvari must have said something, but she didn't hear it since her focus was on Narvari's perfectly sculpted body. It was as if Narvari had intentionally only worn a sports bra and a pair of gym trousers to taunt her. Pheera had always hated the idea of touching people, even if slightly, out of fear of accidentally captivating them. But for some reason, she never felt that way about Narvari.

Instead, there was something about Narvari that drew her in. She always had this extreme urge to touch her soft brown skin. Narvari was the only one who had broken free of her captivation and that gave Pheera hope that she could not accidentally make Narvari do anything against her will. Unfortunately, Narvari hated it when Pheera was too close to her. She didn't blame her.

"Pheera."

Pheera gazed up at Narvari's concerned face. "Are you okay?"

Pheera nodded.

"Are you going to answer my question then?"

She ran her hand through her hair. "Sorry. What was the question again?"

Narvari sauntered towards Pheera until they were only a few feet apart. "Are you sure you're fine? You seem distracted."

Pheera smiled, heat rushing up her face. "I'm fine."

"Okay." Narvari nodded, though she didn't look convinced. So I asked if I can see your savaz before we begin our duel."

"Oh. Sure." Pheera took a deep breath, before chanting "Enphara."

Her blue and white sacros appeared, suddenly transforming into her savaz.

"Wow." Narvari's eyes lit up. She drew closer, gazing at the blue and white savaz. "This is amazing. It's really beautiful." Their eyes met. "Not as beautiful as you, though."

Pheera froze.

Narvari cleared her throat suddenly as if she had not meant to say that. Sometimes it was hard figuring her out. Usually, she was so confident and sure of herself. But then there were days like this when she acted so shy. Withdrawn.

"Is his name Enphara?" She nodded at the savaz.

"His?"

Narvari raised a brow. "Oh. Is your savaz a her then? Or a they?"

"I'm not sure."

"What? Don't you two talk?" Narvari folded her arms. "Ushama won't shut up."

"Ushama? That's your savaz's name?"

"Yes." Her savaz appeared out of the blue. Pheera's eyes widened. She didn't think she heard or saw Narvari call them out.

Pheera looked at Narvari closely. That could only mean that Narvari had some form of union with her savaz. Since her sacros had appeared before transforming into savaz, that meant that the union wasn't full but partial. How was it possible that someone who was barely a class five vanquisher had achieved partial union?

"What?" Narvari smirked.

"Nothing." She shrugged. "Are you ready to spar now? Or do you want more excuses to get away from defeat?"

Narvari chuckled. "Well, damn." Her savaz disappeared as did Pheera's.

They circled each other, each one waiting for the opportune time to strike. Suddenly, Narvari threw a punch towards her, but she blocked it with her sacred fist, sending a scared kick toward Narvari's head. But Narvari's upper body lowered almost to a horizontal level on the ground causing Pheera to simply kick the air. Narvari flipped backward three consecutive times.