57 - Whipped

The day after Ron and Pansy's wedding meant that Hermione and Draco would officially be getting married in one week. May 1st.

It was coming up fast and Draco and Hermione were terrified.

They had finished planning everything, but on top of their wedding, they were still trying to prepare for their N.E.W.T.S that would take place at the beginning of June, right before the end of their time at Hogwarts.

The festivities from Pansy and Ron's wedding had lasted until the wee hours of the morning, meaning that everyone slept in quite late, trying to recover from the party.

Pansy and Ron had left at around 2 in the morning for their honeymoon in Italy. Pansy had chosen it mainly for herself but knew Ron would love the many different food options all over Tuscany, they were planning on taking a food tour around the countryside as well as visiting several different wineries - that was mainly for Pansy.

They would be back the following week, everyone got a week's honeymoon followed by their return to Hogwarts.

Hermione had let Draco choose where they would be going for their Honeymoon, it would be a total surprise.

A week away from their classes at Hogwarts - although Hermione would most likely continue to study for her exams, she was excited to have that time away to just spend with Draco getting used to their new life as husband and wife. Getting used to only being with one and the other.

At around noon, the pair wake up together, deciding it would be a phenomenal time for breakfast - or rather lunch at this time.

Getting dressed, Draco and Hermione slowly make their way down to the Great Hall to grab a bit of brunch.

Thankfully, today being Sunday, there would be no classes.

That way, Hermione and Draco would be able to spend the day together preparing for their wedding that will be happening in just a few short days.

"Afternoon, Hermione. Sleep in?" Ginny asks, smirking

"Just a bit tired after the wedding last night. Draco and I didn't get in until quite late. You two missed some of the festivities by leaving so early. Where did you go?" Hermione asks, filling her plate

"I wasn't feeling very well so we came back early. Morning sickness is a real bitch. It's not even in the morning. We left about an hour into the reception. What time did you and Draco get in?" Ginny asks

"Around 2:30, we stayed a bit after Ron and Pansy left to help put things away so Molly and Arthur wouldn't have to do it alone." Hermione explains, taking a bite of her food

Harry and Ginny both share a glance, followed by laughing.

Not understanding the joke, Hermione asks what got them laughing so hard.

"It's just, Merlin Hermione, you've really got that man wrapped around your finger. You got him to stay and help put things away when he's probably never cleaned up after himself once in his life." Ginny giggles

Now that she was thinking about it, Draco had suggested they leave right after the reception was over and as soon as Ron and Pansy had apparated away. The only reason they stayed is she saw Molly and Arthur heading back to the tent after they had left alone and Hermione had asked Draco if they could stay and help.

She hadn't even needed to ask more than once. She asked once and he said 'Okay.' immediately with no qualms.

"Guess we know who'll win every argument once you two are married." Harry laughs

"Hey! Not true, we'll talk about things rationally and decide what to do together. That's what marriages are supposed to be. Teamwork. And I do not have him 'wrapped around my finger', we just love each other. If he asked me to stay behind and help clean up I would, no questions asked." Hermione says, trying to defend him