tuesday

you didn't know if it was because of something you'd eaten at the festival or something else, but you weren't feeling too great today. nauseous, a little feverish and tired asf.

you somehow managed to get through school but track practice was something you just won't be able to do.

not today.

so you told coach that you weren't feeling well and he let you go home. you decided to text the boys telling them you're skipping practice today and heading home.

you got inside the house, went straight to the twins' room and plopped face down onto atsumu's bed.

...

"n/n's home"

"eh?"

"check the groupchat dumbass"

"why is she home?"

"she's skipping practice today"

"she could've just watched us practice instead?"

osamu shrugged at his brother and went back to suna to practice.

atsumu didn't give it too much thought either and immediately went back to practice when kita entered the gym.

...

"she hasn't texted after that last text." atsumu looked at his phone and back up at the sky.

"she probably fell asleep." osamu said with a light smile.

practice was over and the twins were walking back home. suna had to be there for his sister's dance performance so he couldn't make it.

the twins unlocked the front door and dropped their bags at the entrance and slipped off their shoes.

osamu went to wash his hands while atsumu ran straight up the stairs to his room.

he entered the room to see you laying face down on his bed with the blanket covering you completely save for the top of your head, your feet and your left wrist.

he walked over, sat at the edge of the bed next to you and gently lifted the blanket off the side of your face, your temple was sweaty.

he held your wrist in his hand and scrunched up his face in concentration when samu entered the room, wiping his hands on his shirt.

"what're ya doing let her sleep"

"oi samu"

"wut"

"she's hot"

osamu 😐'd at his brother and atsumu 😟'd back.

"you're weird let her sleep"

"no she's really hot, feel" atsumu held out your wrist to osamu, who walked over to the bed.

he touched your forehead for a few seconds and walked into the bathroom.

"i'll go get the thermometer" atsumu went out of the room.

osamu came back from the bathroom with a wet cloth and gently turned you around so you were laying on your back.

he wiped your face softly trying to cool you off, then folded the cloth and put it on your forehead.

ataumu came back with the thermometer and stuck it in your mouth.

"yup she's got a fever." he said taking the thermometer out and checking the temperature when it started beeping.

"well no shit she's burning up" his brother deadpanned at him.

"let's call up mom and wait for her to wake up." atsumu fished his phone out of his pocket.