loser

you jolted awake and looked to your side. atsumu had only finished half of his slurpee, so you must not have been out for long.

then you remembered your promise to yourself right before you'd fallen asleep and groaned.

atsumu looked at you, "all good?"

"hm? yeah, yeah all good"

as if

you were too conflicted, should you do it? you should cuz you hardly have time left before college but what if it doesn't go to plan? it'll fuck everything up.

this was frustrating

please god, universe, anyone works, give me a sign

and your prayers were answered like half a second later.

atsumu absentmindedly started combing his fingers through your hair while humming the tune to some song.

"atsumu"

"hm?"

"i was thinking"

"you can think?" he gave you an amused smile.

"fuck off"

he chuckled, "sorry sorry continue"

you swallowed, how the fuck do people do this?

fuck it, let's do it

"i was thinking do you wanna be a bit more than.. friends?"

"we're best friends n/n"

please. you have to be kidding

"no like, more than that" you prompted, starting to get uncomfortable by the second.

atsumu looked at you with an expression you couldn't decipher at all, "like mega best friends?"

he wasn't dumb, you knew that all too well, he just played dumb all the time to make you laugh or piss you off.

so why was he doing this? now is NOT the time atsumu!

you sighed, mentally preparing yourself for whatever was about to happen.

"no i mean, more than mega best friends atsumu"

"so like... super duper mega best friends?"

"you know what i mean!" you slapped his thigh, way too annoyed now. he was dodging and that only meant one thing.

"okay okay im just saying" he held his hands up in surrender.

"just saying what" you scoffed and looked away, slightly hurt.

what did this even mean? rejection? did you fuck it up? are your 17 years of friendship about to go down the drain?

atsumu cleared his throat, "that im supposed to be the one asking you out"

you turned and blinked at him, "huh?"

"now just sit still and look pretty as usual okay? ill be right back" he got up, ruffled your hair and jogged off somewhere.

wait what?

huh?

what just happened?

you watched him sprint off and disappear down the street and about 3 minutes later he came running back to where you were sitting with his hand behind his back.

"what's that? what was this?" you asked, a little embarrassed. this wasn't going as planned, but it didn't seem like you were getting rejected either.

he sat down and held a bouquet out to you. tulips and lilies wrapped in pastel pink and blue. pretty.

you looked up from the flowers only to find atsumu staring at you with heart eyes, "y/n" he cleared his throat.

"can i be your boyfriend?"

you blinked once and then twice. no way bro. no fucking way.

a small smile tugged at the corners of your lips before it turned into you grinning from ear to ear.

you nodded and his face lit up.

before he could say anything, you grabbed his collar and brought your lips down to meet his.

he was caught off guard at first, but didn't hesitate to grab your waist and pull you closer.

one of his hands cupped your jaw as he kissed you, savouring the moment and a blaze of emotions surged through every fibre in your body.

you were over the moon, the butterflies in your stomach would NOT stop and it was annoying but not as annoying as how good atsumu was at what he was doing.

he slowly pulled away, breathless and childishly smiled at you.

"took you long enough" you scoffed, but you couldn't stop yourself from giggling as he pulled you even closer into a hug.

"my bad, i was kinda busy"

"whatever, loser" you rolled your eyes

he leaned back and held you at arm's length, "hey this just now, was a major win for me, so i'm anything BUT a loser" he 😌'd.

"um akshually" you 😌☝️'d, mocking him.

"kill yourself"

"soo we're dating now?" you asked, it felt unreal. it was weird. you'd been best friends for 17 years and now suddenly you were girlfriend and boyfriend.

"yes and breaking up is not an option, just saying" atsumu smiled.

you gasped and face palmed, just now remembering the stuff you had to get for osamu.

"hm?" atsumu tilted his head.

"samu" you said and he seemed to understand.

but he waved it off and smirked, "he can wait, let me spend some time with my gorgeous gorgeous girlfriend"

and the next thing you know, you're being pulled onto him, his lips fervently meeting yours.

oh well, osamu can wait after all.