Diamond of the First Water III

SPECIAL THANK YOU!!:

You guys are amazing! This story has already reached 1K reads! I am stunned and I am so happy that you all seem to love this book already and love Alina. She's become my very favorite character to write for and I have a lot planned for her and Anthony. I'm so thankful and I hope I continue to earn all the love and followers of this story. 

Thank you again and I love you all!! Enjoy!

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

The soft rays of the fleeting sun had been quite welcoming to Alina as she sat softly playing the pianoforte in the drawing room with the rest of the Bridgerton family gathered along with the Duke who Alina had been told was invited by Violet and Lady Danbury. She could only assume the two women were plotting quite deviously. After spending the last week in her room feeling quite unwell, she had missed the warm air the family seemed to have. Anthony stood to the side with the duke chuckling and murmuring much to her annoyance. While she had been recovering her beloved husband had not once come to check on her. She had every other member of the family come and wish her well and cheer her up. Seeing him tonight brought a bad taste to her mouth. "I do not believe we have had the pleasure of speaking this evening, my lady." Alina looked up to see the duke had made his way over to her as Anthony had followed.

"Apologies, Your Grace." Alina offered with a small smile before looking back down to the keys.

"Pray tell but what was my dear Bridgerton friend like when you first met? I am so eager to know." The duke chuckled and glanced over to Anthony who seemed to have a permanent frown when it came to the young girl.

"You really care to know?" She asked dully, looking up to the duke and glanced in Anthony's direction for a moment. "Prepare yourself for something very dreadful." Anthony rolled his eyes at her dramatics and took a drink of his scotch knowing better than to interrupt. "As I am sure you are aware, we were arranged to be married by our father's, however we had never once met until the first ball of the season. The first time I saw him he danced with nobody at all. Even though gentlemen were scarce and more than one young lady was sitting aside without a partner."

"I knew nobody aside from my brothers and mother-" Anthony tried, however Alina continued.

"Oh, and nobody can be introduced in a ballroom." Alina said, staring directly at Anthony for a moment. "Your Grace." With that said, she turned back to the keys and resumed playing. Simon and Anthony glanced at each other and just as they turned away, they were called to dinner. Unfortunately, Alina had to take her place beside Anthony at the dinner table with Hyacinth to her left and Anthony to her right. Quickly after they had all sat down and began eating the main topic of discussion was as it had been lady. Lady Whistledown.

" For all we know Whistledown may be some interloper living in Bloomsbury, of all places." Anthony offered off handedly.

"What should be so terrible about Bloomsbury? That people don't know here actually work for a living?" Alina countered with a small shrug. She quite liked the few people she had met from Bloomsbury.

"She does seem to be someone with access."

"Who knows if Whistledown is even a she." Benedict said causing Eloise to perk up in offense.

"Fair point." Anthony agreed.

"Because she is simply too good to be a anyone but a man?" Eloise asked looking between her two brothers who simply shrugged as a response.