Swish

Hello everyone! We have now passed 5k views and I never thought this book would get so much attention. I know this chapter is quite short and I shall have the next one up soon. There is only a few more episodes left of season and Alina and Anthony still have a lot of ground to cover. I have not decided if this story will carry over to season two so if you would like to see what trouble Alina and Anthony cause.

Let me know what you would like to ready! Enjoy everyone

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Dearest gentle reader,

I must send felicitations to the new Duke and Duchess of Hastings. Congratulations and stamina as they embark on the most exhilarating time in a young couple's life. I am, of course, talking of the honeymoon. Is there a more romantic notion? To retreat from society together finally leaving watchful eyes behind. While this author, along with the rest of the ton will certainly miss its most-remarked-upon couple, back in London, perhaps we might find solace in the promise of the duke and duchess returning to us bearing a surprise. Speaking of a surprise, it has come to this author's attention that the Viscount and Viscountess Bridgerton are expecting their own little blessing. I am sure the Bridgerton home is filled with excitement and joy.

"Marie, please make sure these get packed as well, I do not want to leave anything behind." Alina moved about her bedroom as Marie and two other maids continued to gather her things for her journey back home.

"Of course. I will make sure that you have your books and a few dresses backed in your traveling bag just in case we get delayed." Marie smiled politely. Alina had explained what had transpired between her and Anthony and the blonde wanted to slap the man as hard as she could. Alina sighed as she looked around, she couldn't wait to leave however she would miss everyone here in what used to be her home the last couple of months.

"Alina? May I have a word?" She turned to see Violet standing by the door, a frown pulling at her lips. Alina nodded and made her way over to the older woman. "Darling, are you sure now is a good time to travel? I understand your wish to see your father while he is ill but I am not sure this is a good idea for you and the baby. Too much stress may cause some complications."

"I understand your worry." She said, smiling softly. Earlier that morning, Alina had announced that she had received news that her father had gotten quite ill and she would be making the journey back home to see him. No matter what had happened between her and Anthony, she didn't want his siblings or mother to talk her out of going back to Spain. "I will be alright. I will have Marie and Javi with me and I will write to you and let you know that I have arrived safely. This is just something that I need to do." Violet nodded and smiled sadly. Of course Violet had seen the rift between her son and his wife, where at the beginning of the reason Alina had been smiling and making jokes as well as joining in on dinner conversations but as the weeks had continued Alina became more closed off. Finally, Violet decided to ask the question that had been on her mind the last couple of days.

"Did something happen? Between you and Anthony? I know he can be quite stubborn but he truly does care about you." Alina gave a small humorless laugh and shook her head.

"I wish I could believe you. He has never cared for me, Violet. If anything he thinks that I have ruined his life." Violet sighed and brought the young girl into her arms and hugged her tightly. "Thank you for everything you have done for me."