ep. 2 Secrets

"It's ok, we're gonna be fine. Right?" Darius asked none too sure of himself.

"Well, fine is a strong word," I replied over my shoulder. I didn't take my eyes off the raptors closing in on us.

"Kenji, check those bones for a raptor skull," Darius told Kenji.

"What?" he replied.

"In a video game I-"

"You want to talk about video games right now?"

"Both of you shut up and think of some ideas to get us out of this," I said, trying my best to keep the raptors at bay. One started trying to flank but I noticed. "Hey! Get the fuck back you overgrown chicken!" I Yelled Kicking dirt at it as it fell back. Darius tripped behind me, and I had to move back to help him up, losing a lot of ground to the raptors.

Kenji pounded on the door as we were forced back "Let me out!" he yelled.

I stood in front of them, I would try to give them as much time as possible to get out. Never thought I would throw hands with a raptor but here we are. I thought dryly accepting my fate.

Suddenly the spotlights flashed on lighting up the whole enclosure, temporarily blinding the raptors.

"Hey! Come and get it!" Roxie's voice rang out from the overhead catwalks, as large slabs of meat were dumped into the cage.

Three of the raptors ran to the meat, accepting the easy meal. But one stayed, she was the one with the blue stripe running down both sides of her head, it locked eyes with me as it prepared to charge.

"Get out of there!" Roxie yelled

The raptor charged me. I looked up and noticed the inner gate beginning to lower and I heard the outer gate open. I dived backward as the raptor crashed into the gate an inch from my face, growling. I looked back and saw Kenji, Darius, and Dave who had pulled them out looking at me in shock.

"What?" I asked.

"You just matadored a Velociraptor dude!" Kenji said, "That was freaking sick!"

"Thanks." I replied dryly. He realizes I was about to die, right? Sick is not the word I would use.

Staff members and park security ran past us to secure the paddock and we turned to Dave.

"Dave, that was- thank you, so much." Darius thanked Dave, for he and Kenji had been pulled out by him.

"Oh, that's standard procedure Darius. I do that kinda stuff all the time, give me a sec," he said then promptly threw up on the ground.

Roxie ran over to check on Dave "Are you hurt?" she asked him frantically "Is everyone alright?"

"You Idiots!" Brooklynn ran over and hugged me and Darius. "What were you thinking?"

"I wasn't." I said sarcastically.

Kenji started to sneak away but got caught by Roxie. "Woah, Woah, Woah. Where do you think you're going? You, Darius, and (y/n) are in big trouble."

"Wait- but- he was-" Darius started

"Come on, that's not on us. This idiot-" I tried to explain but got cut off.

"Save it!" she said "We'll decide what to do with you later. If you even get to remain here after a stunt like this."

"That's bull shit," I said as they walked away

We piled into one of the jeeps and headed back to camp. Kenji took shotgun while me, Darius and Brooklynn took the back seats.