s. 4 ep. 5 The Long Game

I dragged myself off the ground and began to trudge back up to the airlock. The others followed me, faces downcast. Mae suddenly ran out of the airlock with Ben and Darius.

"The plane left without you?" She asked

"No, Mae. That's why we're standing here." I said with half-assed sarcasm.

"I'm so sorry. I don't understand what's going on here, but you have my word that I'll get you off this island somehow." She replied

"No. We're not leaving." Darius said

My mouth fell open with how oblivious he was.

"Obviously, this isn't what we wanted. Like, at all." He continued. "But we can't quit now. Mantah Corp doesn't care if they're hurting their dinosaurs. And Mae, you can't protect them all on your own. We have to stay until we fix this, however long it takes."

"No," I said

"What?" Darius asked

"Are you fucking deaf? I said, no."

"(y/n)." Yaz said quietly.

I ignored her. "We're not staying."

"What are you talking about? They're hurting the dinosa-" Darius started.

"How hard is it for you to understand?" I shouted. "We don't care about the dinosaurs anymore! We want to go home!"

"But we're Camp Cretaceous. We-"

"I don't give a fuck if we're the FBI, CIA, IRS, I don't give a fuck if we're SHIELD! We're not doing this shit anymore!"

"(y/n), really it's fine I can-" Yaz started.

"She's not fine," I said cutting her off. "We're all so fucking tired of this shit, D. Why can't you see that something is off with her? Yaz is having-"

"(y/n)!" Yaz shouted.

I turned and looked at her.

She shook her head.

I looked at the others and saw Kenji stepping forward.

"Take a break. We'll talk to him." He said, Brooklynn following him closely.

I glared for a moment then walked back towards Yaz and Sammy.

"Darius, of course, we're gonna help the dinos," Kenji said

"(y/n)'s just really done with this shit and kinda angry," Brooklynn added.

"He just means he wants us to put the group first..."

I tuned the rest of it out and slumped against a tree, closing my eyes.

"I appreciate what you're doing for me," Yaz said, standing next to me. "But, you know Darius is coming from a good place, right? He just wants to do what's right."

"Doesn't mean I agree with it," I grumbled.

"I know. But we will get home. If you say it enough times it has to work eventually, right?" She asked

"Yeah. I just wonder how many is enough?"

"Let's get to work, then. We gotta get Pierce back to the desert biome. And if the plane's gone, that means the new dinosaur food has already been unloaded." Mae called to everyone.

I pushed myself off the tree and walked towards the airlock.

"We'll go check the T-Rex area to make sure the BRADs haven't tainted their food," Brooklynn said, pointing to Kenji with her thumb.