s. 2.5 ep. 1 Broken Dreams

Warning: Ok. So... this chapter is written a lot darker than the previous ones. I don't know, I just felt like letting the evil seep into this one. Tell me what you think because besides the prologue this is the first original thing I've written. Also, Jurassic World Dominion was pretty good. It's a little choppy and the storyline is a little less focused on dinosaurs in the real world than I'd like it to be but I think it's ok. Definitely need an extended cut tho. 7.5/10 from me. And hey if it's better than JP3 that's a win in my book. Hope you enjoy the story. Eat some waffles and tell your mom you love her. **Whisper** Oh, and thanks for 4k reads. **Whisper**

POV: Brooklynn

"Christ he's bleeding a lot!" Kenji said, clearing the table off, "Put him here guys."

Yaz and Sammy put him down on the table face up.

"Ben grab some paper towels. They're over there." Darius said pointing

"Ok!" Ben replied.

"Yaz we need bandages."

"Got Em." She replied.

"Get his shirt off. We gotta stop the bleeding." Sammy said.

I sat down on a stool, wide-eyed, lost in my thoughts. This is my fault. Why did I leave him? Why did I let him go alone? Headstrong idiot. Trying to give us a better chance to get away at the cost of his own safety. I should have known he'd get hurt.

"Brooklynn?"

He keeps getting hurt to save m- us. He might die and it's because I let him-

"Brooklynn!" Darius called.

"Huh? What?" I apologize.

"Can you come here and put pressure on the wound?"

"Uh... yeah sorry." I hurried over. His wound was covered in paper towels which were turning red with blood. Once the bleeding slowed down we were able to clean the injury and wrap his midsection with bandages.

"The bullet went straight through and didn't seem to hit any organs. He got lucky." Yaz said.

"Even if he did get hit in an organ it's not like we could do anything about it," Kenji said.

Everyone glared at him.

"What?" He asked,

"Asshole," I said turning back to (y/n).

"What? I just... whatever," he said walking off.

The others walked off to do chores around the camp, sleep, eat, or shower. We'd been awake for almost two days. I looked at (y/n)'s slow breathing. He seemed calm. I wondered what he was thinking about. Maybe he was dreaming. I felt someone touch my shoulder. I looked up and saw Darius.

"He's gonna be fine." He reassured me.

I looked back at (y/n). "It's my fault he got shot."

"What?"

"I let him go on his own. I should have stopped him. He shouldn't have been out there alone."

"You can't blame yourself for that B."

"But he was-"

"Brooklynn, he knew what the risk was. That's how he is. He tries hard to keep everyone safe."

"I know but... I just wish he'd put his own life high up on his 'list of important things' if that makes sense."

"You can talk to him about that when he wakes up. Just don't worry too much, ok?"