s. 4 ep. 4 Rude Awakening

"Come on! Hurry up (y/n)!" Brooklynn shouted as we walked through the forest.

"Slow down dude. I didn't sleep well last night." I complained

It was a nice sunny day in the forest biome. Birds chirping, bugs singing, and the sound of the waterfall slowly fading away as we strayed farther from the cave.

"Sounds like a slow poke to me!" She jeered as she jogged over the hill.

I groaned and made to follow her before a rustling to my left made me whirl. I was on high alert but nothing was there. I glared and moved on. Probably just a bird. I thought. I walked over the hill only to see the dirt path and no Brooklynn. What the... "Brooklynn?" I called out to no reply. I walked down the path, calling out, "Brooklynn? Hey, Brooklynn!" No answer. "Where the hell did she go?" I muttered.

"Boo!" She shouted, jumping down from a low tree branch onto my back.

"Son of a bitch!" I shouted in surprise as she forced me to give her a piggyback ride.

"Got you!" She laughed.

"Don't do that," I breathed. "Holy shit."

"Oh, shush ya big baby." She said, getting off me. "Come on." Brooklynn jogged down the path with me in toe until we came upon a huge redwood tree, the tallest in the biome. "Told ya! Biggest one, right there. Yours is only three-quarters the size of this one."

"I don't know. I still think we should measure." I said

"Asshole. Just admit defeat." She said running up to the base of the tree.

I stayed back and admired how tall it was. This one was definitely bigger but I still had to give her a hard time about it. I then noticed some shaking among the trees. What the...

"See how nice it is when you guys talk to each other?" My dad asked

"What the?" I said, jumping in surprise.

"If you'd just talk to her, this could be your happy memory." He said

"Shit," I said, realizing what this was. "Brooklynn! Look out!" I shouted, whirling.

The Scorpios dove out of the tree towards Brooklynn.

____________________________________________________________________________

I sat up, breathing heavily and looking around frantically.

"(y/n), you okay?" Yaz asked. She and Mae were staring at me.

"Uh... yeah," I said, unsure.

"See? We all have the same problem." Yaz told Mae. "We've been through a lot."

"That's an understatement," I grumbled and rose to my feet.

"I'd rather stay up if that's okay, Mae," Yaz said.

"You're the boss," Mae said. "Except when you're assisting me, then, obviously, I'm the boss. (y/n), you're welcome to help too."

"Sure," I said. "Beats sleeping on the floor. I don't think I've had a good night's sleep in six months."

"Maid hiding me that petri dish?" Mae asked.

I nodded and slid over the petri dish containing the suspicious white cube.

Mae took a pair of tweezers and tore off a small piece of the cube. She then took the piece and placed it in a test tube filled with turquoise liquid. As soon as it hit the liquid it began to fiz and turn the liquid a sickly green.