05

It has already been a week since Penelope had read both of the journals's content. She may seem calm and composed, and polite while she interacts with the abomination of a man that she calls Dad; In truth, Penelope is seething and disgusted the longer she interacts with him.

It can't be helped though, Penelope can't run away from the manor because that will arouse suspicion and the Count may turn his ire to her little sister. Rosalia might be the brattiest ever, but she's Penelope's little sister.

'Rosalia and I will never be safe here in this manor. Who knows when that Count will erupt and kill us both. We can't run away either, knowing Rosalia, she won't be able to stand living a commoner's life. Gods, why is my life so hard.' Penelope thought, as she sat alone in the middle of the garden in a meditative pose.

Penelope sighs before shaking her thoughts away as she tries to clear her mind. Three days ago, Penelope also binge read the contents of the books that she purchased from a magic shop. She learned on how to control one's mana and etcetera.

Penelope remembered reading a text where a character said that everyone possesses mana, that's why she's hoping to take advantage of hers and learn something that will make her mana useful. From the book that she had read, it was stated there that one can draw mana from their surroundings aside from themselves.

That is why she's sitting here now, on the ground, with a straight and relaxed back as if she's in a meditative state.

The brunette closes her eyes as she relaxes both her body and her mind, her pose not faltering. Once Penelope is done with the first step, she focused on her surroundings where she might be able to draw her mana from.

Penelope let out a breath as she tries to imagine a cord of white light flowing towards her, and not long after, Penelope felt the energy coursing all throughout her body. Penelope then raised both of her hands and placed it on her chest, directing her mana towards her hands and successfully gathering it.

Penelope opened her eyes and raised both of her hands that held a ball of soft green light, Penelope's mouth parted in awe as she feels the warm feeling coming from the ball of energy.

Penelope decided to try to expand the little ball, and she did it successfully, now the little ball is of the same size as the largest watermelon she'd ever seen.

'Tongtong, I did it.' Penelope thought happily, shrinking and expanding her mana ball.

[Congratulations, Host! Now you can focus on learning Healing Magic!]

'Yes. Yes, I can. Should I seek professional help?'

[It depends on Host, of course!]

'If I do seek for a teacher, the count will find out. And I can't have that pig finding out I know magic.'

Penelope sighed before bringing down her ball of mana, shrinking it and eventually dissipating it.

"My Lady! My Lady! My Lady, Penelope! Where are you?" Penelope heard Keira calling out for her, the brunette sighs before patting off the grass that clung to her dress.

"I'm here, Keira. What is it?" Penelope asks, walking towards her maid calmly.

Keira breathed out a sigh of relief before bowing in her direction, "The Count has called for this maid to inform My Lady that you and Lady Rosalia are to accompany the Count Judith to the Imperial Palace. However, you and Lady Rosalia are going to ride with Lord Roger in his carriage."

Penelope froze the moment she heard Keira utter the words 'Imperial Palace'.

"My Lady, are you okay?"