17

———

Penelope glared at her kidnappers with the ferocity of a mother dragon that just got her eggs stolen.

"What the fuck?! Is kidnapping even a thing in this era, you dimwits?!" Penelope shrieked, that made her kidnappers a little nervous.

"My my, Lady Penelope. Such uncouth mouth, are you sure you're fit to be the mother of the Empire's heir?" A familiar voice said that made Penelope's blood boil, she turned towards its direction and saw the Emperor stepping inside the room with a smile on his face.

'Fucking Emperor!'

Penelope scoffed before crossing her arms, "I knew you were up to no good. But kidnapping me? Are you really that of a bird brain that you can't even formulate a plan on how to erase my existence?"

The Emperor's smile turned into a sharp one before crossing the distance between the two of them and gripping Penelope's face.

"Erase your existence? Such a thing won't happen, my dear. Maybe after you've given birth, your existence can be erased. You better hope that the child you're carrying is a boy, or else you're both dead." The Emperor whispered, Penelope turned cold at his words.

"What a misogynistic man you are, Your Majesty. But threatening my child's life while I'm present? Are you really that kind of a suicidal maniac?" Penelope whispered as well, malice coating every words that she said.

"What a feisty woman. Too bad you're going to be stuck here forever." The Emperor replied, letting go of her face and turning away.

The rest of her kidnappers also turned away and left the room.

"What a fucking kidnapper, is he really that idiotic to think that I would settle for this kind of room? No way!" Penelope whispered harshly, surveying her eyes around the scarce room.

"Fucking Emperor! Give me the best bed and couch!Be a damn good Host, you good for nothing bastard!" Penelope yelled, banging at the door.

———

"Diana, what do you mean by 'Penelope is missing?'" Claude asked with a furrow on his brows. Felix also looked confused.

Diana sighed before rubbing her temples, "Penny has been missing for two days, Claude. At first we thought that she only went somewhere because she always do that with Lucas. But when she failed to come back another day, that's where we concluded that she's missing."

"But didn't you mention that you saw her last on the Judith Manor?" Felix asked, taking a sit beside Claude.

"I did! That's why I'm so confused! I'm pretty sure Sir Lucas placed some kind of a protection spell on the manor." Diana groaned.

It has been two days since Penelope disappeared without a trace, and to say that Diana is worried is an understatement. Rosalia and Roger already has multiple search parties deployed everywhere to look for the Countess, but there are still no news of spotting her.

"I swear to every fucking gods if Penny comes back hurt, I will tear her kidnappers into pieces!" Rosalia suddenly screeched, standing up abruptly and paced around the table.

"Rosalia, Penelope wouldn't like you cussing." Diana said softly, she vaguely heard Rosalia scoff.

"Penny cusses more than me! She probably knows every alternate versions of the word 'Fuck' so don't scold me!" Rosalia replied.

'Oh my god, only Penny can contain Rosalia.'

"And where did the magician go?" Claude asked, mulling over Penelope's mysterious disappearance.