21

Anastacius never thought that he would someday marry the person that he chose and love, ever since he was a child, he always thought that he would marry someone that his father chose for him.

He can still vividly remember the times where he thought that he’ll live a loveless and stoic marriage, and how he would always drown himself in his what ifs.

But now, as he’s standing in front of the wedding altar, fiddling with the ends of his sleeves, he can truly say that he jinxed his what ifs.

“Brother, stop fidgeting.” his brother, Claude, said in a bored tone.

Anastacius turned to him and sighed, “How can I? Is this what you call wedding jitters? Were you like this, Claude?”

“Firstly, you’ll wrinkle your shirt if you won’t stop fiddling like that. Second, yes that’s what you call wedding jitters. Third, no I did not react like that.” Claude replied.

“Yeah because you were too busy imagining Diana running away from the wedding.” Anastacius deadpanned.

“Was not.”

“You were, because if I was in Diana’s place, I would’ve ran away.” Anastacius replied, smirking.

Claude turned to his brother with an affronted look, “Such foul mouth, Brother. Don’t make me wish for Penelope to not show up.”

“Claude, don’t jinx it!” Anastacius exclaimed.

“You started it.”

Anastacius was about to reply when the doors to the cathedral opened and revealed Penelope, the brunette dons a majestic wedding dress and looks absolutely breathing.

“Magician, her hand.” Claude said when he noticed that Lucas was still not giving Penelope’s hand to the Emperor.

“Lucas.” Penelope said in a scolding manner.

The black-haired magician huffed before placing Penelope’s hand in Anastacius’s, “I am so very not looking forward to him becoming my in-law.”

Penelope chuckled at his words before shooing him, “You gotta learn to live with it, you’re my man-child aren’t you?”

“No way.” Lucas replied before going poof and appearing beside Felix who’s carrying Jennette.

Anastacius smirked towards the brunette, “You nervous, my Lady?”

Penelope snorts before squeezing Anastacius’ hand, “You wish.”

Anastacius chuckled before leading them both towards the altar and in front of the Archbishop. The Archbishop nodded at the both of them before addressing the people present at their wedding.

“Beloved citizens of Obelia, honored guests, and state visitors, I welcome you all to this gathering, to witness the beloved union of the Emperor and the Lady Judith.”

The Archbishop spoke, and said a lot of things, time seemed to pass and it’s now Anastacius’ time to say his vows.

“My Lady, I was already fascinated by your striking eyes the firsf time we met. The days following that fated day, I found myself discovering a lot of interesting things about you, memorizing each and every small detail about you. Ever since that day, to this day, and to the end of my days, I solemnly vow to you, with this empire as my witness, that I will love no other woman as much as I love you, that I will forever hold you in your best and your worst, and that I will forever stay loyal and faithful to you. I love you, my Lady. That much is true.” Anastacius said, a soft smile adoring his face.

“Hi.” Penelope began softly.

“Today, I am the happiest and the proudest woman in all of Obelia, because I am marrying you. The man who never wavered in choosing me, the man who always puts me above anyone else. Today, I promise you, that I will forever stay by your side, as we face many hardship and struggles, I will be beside you. I will hold your hand, comfort you, and adore you ‘till the end of my days. I love you, your Majesty. That I vow to the heavens.”