15

———

Penelope is stunned. She's too stunned that when Anastacius's lips landed on hers, she felt her surroundings fade into silence. Maybe the metaphor about melting when being kissed is true, because that is what Penelope is currently going through right now. She felt whatever she was holding fall onto the ground as her body completely melted into Anastacius's.

Penelope felt the warm lips of Anastacius pull away. She fluttered her eyes open and the first thing that welcomed her is his blue jeweled eyes.

'Tongtong. He kissed me.'

[He did, Host!]

'And I didn't stop him. Tongtong, this is wrong.'

[Eh, Host?]

'Even if I'm not in favor with the engagement, this is cheating, Tongtong.'

[Well, Host. Prince Claude started courting Miss Diana, first did he? Well, he cheated first.]

'You're saying that because you're biased.'

[I'm not, Host! Honest! All's fair in love and war.]

"Are you alright?" Anastacius asked the brunette, looking at her with furrowed brows. Penelope snapped out of her conversation with Tongtong then looked at the Crown Prince.

"Huh? Ah, yes. I'm alright! Perfectly alright!" Penelope said, chuckling hesitantly as she tucks a stray hair behind her ear.

"Kids these days." They heard the vendor mutter, and that's the only time that they realized that they both kissed right infront of the vendor's stall.

Penelope flushed in embarrassment as Anastacius looked smug, she quickly bowed in apology before dragging the smug Prince away into a more discreet area.

"Why do you look so smug? Wipe that smirk off of your face!" Penelope frowned, crossing her arms as she glares at Anastacius.

'It's wrong. But damn did his lips taste so sweet and delicious. Makes me crave for it again.'

"I'm not, My Lady. What do you mean?" Anastacius said innocently, the strawberries now gone from his hands.

Penelope huffed before swatting at his arm that Anastacius easily caught.

"Hey! Let go!" Penelope says, emerald eyes narrowing at the blonde.

"Stop smacking me with your hands, Penelope. Use your lips instead." Anastacius said casually, a smirk forming on his face as he let her hand go.

'Ahaahahahahahahahahah fuck you, I can finally die in peace. Why the fuck are you so effortlessly handsome.'

Penelope schooled her face into a cool one and raised a brow before reaching for Anastacius's jaw and gripping it securely.

Penelope licked her lips before bringing the Prince's  face close to hers, "I might. But do you deserve it?"

Anastacius was taken aback at first, but he quickly grinned before pecking her lips.

"I do." He whispers, lips mere centimeters away from the brunette's.

"I'm engaged. And this is bad." Penelope says, letting go of his jaw as she tangles her hand with his golden locks.

"Mhm. Do you wish for me to stop?" Anastacius asks, slender hands snaking around her waist.

But instead of answering the Crown Prince verbally, Penelope seized his lips again in a searing kiss.

'I won't mind getting addicted to the taste of his lips.'

———

It's been two days since she and the Crown Prince shared their first kiss, and yet Penelope can still vividly remember how shiny Anastacius's lips were after being kissed. How his kisses are absolutely intoxicating that Penelope can't help but crave for it again.