22 - END

“Your Royal Highness.” A voice called gently, the person turned around and smiled softly.

“Is Dad calling for me, Miss Keira?” the Princess asked, her nanny smiled and nodded.

“Yes, Princess. He’s in his study right now, shall we head there?” The nanny asked, the Princess nodded her head and walked together with her nanny.

The pair walked in silence, with the Princess greeting every person she sees with a smile. A few minutes after, they both reached their destination and the knights stationed at the entrance opened the double doors for them.

The Princess entered the room and smiled brightly, “Hi Dad! Keira said that you called for me.”

The man behind the desk smiled upon seeing his daughter, “Hello precious, how are you doing?”

The Princess beamed before sitting down on the couch, “Great! I finished my lessons earlier so I went to Mom’s garden!”

The Emperor smiled softly before standing up and waked towards her, “Did you? How was it?”

“It was nice...” Jennette trailed, fiddling with her fingers, “I just wish she’s here, you know...”

“She will always be here, Darling. Your Mom is not someone that we can get rid of easily.” Anastacius replied with a smile.

“If Mom was here, she would’ve smacked you already.” Jennette replied, reaching for a pastry.

“Would she? I remember your Mom being so in love with me that she refused to hurt me physically.” Anastacius shot, watching Jennette eat her pastry.

“Well... I also remember Sir Lucas telling me that Mommy smacked you when I was 10 months old, and that’s because you disturbed my nap time!” Jennette replied happily, eyes crinkling into crescents.

“Fine. You win, your Highness.” Anastacius replied, thinking that Jennette definitely got her competitive attitude from her Mother.

———

“I don’t get why you like avocados so much. It tastes like nothing.” Lucas snarked, raising a brow at Jennette’s chosen smoothie.

“Exactly! It tastes like nothing, that’s why it’s delicious!” Jennette argued.

“Meh. Peaches are the best.” Lucas replied, making a peach magically appear.

“It’s because you have a sweet tooth, peaches are naturally sweet!” Jennette said before plopping down on the ground.

“Don’t just plop like that.” Lucas scolds, face showing irritation.

“You don’t even know if that ground is clean or what, didn’t they teach you this in your etiquette lessons?” Lucas said rhetorically, making Jennette stand up to check on the ground.

After making sure that the ground is clean, Lucas floated away towards a nearby bench. Jennette just snorted at the magician’s actions.

“I have you to check on them anyway, so I don’t have to worry!” Jennette replied.

“And what if I’m not around?”

“As if you can bear living me for such a long time! We’re siblings, we stick together!”

“I’d rather die than have that Emperor as my father, just thinking about it gives me the shivers.” Lucas deadpanned, before a shudder took over his body.

“You’re such a drama queen, Sir Lucas.” Jennette chuckled.

“Anyways, when will you resume my lessons?” the Princess asked.