19

---

It's been three days since Penelope returned, and in those three days she had spent her time recuperating and catching up with her family. There's no doubt that the pregnancy as well as the labor months ago left her weak, weak enough that Lucas also spent his time glaring at her whenever she tries to do something that is quite heavy. Aka paperwork.

Penelope also made Rosalia tell her everything that she had missed. Including Anastacius making the engagement between her and Claude null and void, as well as Claude taking Diana and making the woman his consort. Though an official wedding didn't take place because Diana refused to wed without the brunette's presence.

"That Claude, how dare he take Diana without my permission?" Penelope hissed, glaring at the wall.

Rosalia, who's sitting beside her, raised a brow before clearing her throat.

"Hey Penny, do you not have any plans on showing your face to them?" Rosalia asked.

"I don't know Rosie, it's been what, a year? And a lot has happened since. As much as I wish to face them, it's simply not the right time. " Penelope said, standing up to walk over towards Jennette's cradle when she heard the baby fuss lightly.

"Huh. And when is that right time? Are you planning on hiding Jenny away from her father?" Rosalia asked, staring curiously at her older sister.

"Let's not talk about this, Rosie." Penelope replied, smiling at the newly woken Jennette.

Rosalia sighed before shaking her head.

"Good Morning, little burrito. Are you hungry, hm?" Penelope asked softly, index finger rubbing Jennette's cheek softly.

The baby blinked her eyes owlishly up at her Mom before breaking out into a gummy grin.

Penelope grinned back at her daughter before picking her up.

"There you go." Penelope said, securing the baby on her arms. "Shall we go for a walk outside, Jenny? The weather seems nice today."

"Penny, how about you just rest more and give Jenny to me." Rosalia said, standing up.

Penelope raised a brow before an amused smirk crossed her face, "Oh? Didn't you say you were busy?"

"I'm never busy for my niece." Rosalia said.

"Yo." Lucas who appeared out of nowhere, said.

"Lucas, how many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" Penelope said calmly, taking a sit on the couch and snatching the bottle of baby formula on the table.

"You're gonna feed the little bean sprout again? She's already chubby enough." Lucas said, taking a sit beside Penelope and throwing a smug look at Rosalia.

The older brunette shook her head at their antics and focused on feeding Jennette.

"They act like children, right Darling?" Penelope cooed, smiling at her baby.

"Whatever, I'm gonna go and sort out the piled up paperwork. See you later, Penny." Rosalia said before leaving the room with a flourish.

--

Another two months had passed and Penelope is suddenly questioning on how the fuck did she manage to stay out Anastacius's radar. Maybe it's also thanks to the loyal workers and Roger who apparently kept their mouths shut regarding her return.

Penelope really aches to see Anastacius and Diana again, but she had to fix herself first before seeing the both of them. It may not be obvious, but the past ordeal that happened to her gave her quite the nightmares that is somehow amplified by the constant intrusive thoughts that she had.