chapter 19.

xix.

"Jungwon seems like a good guy. I approve!" Her father gave a thumbs up, proud of her daughter's choice. Mira could only blink in response as she looked away in embarrassment from his behavior.

"Thank you sir!—" Jungwon's sentence was cut short when the said man suddenly squished his cheeks.

"How did you find someone like him, hm?" He kept asking whilst inspecting Jungwon's face while Mira silently watched with a blank gaze at the side, biting the inside of her bottom lip. "Young man, smile."

Jungwon complied and smiled awkwardly, his dimples popping out and Mr. Jeon watched it appear in awe. "Very prominent," Her father stated and nodded his head in satisfaction. He continued complimenting the young male's features, seemingly interested in his visuals.

While the two of them were distracted, Mrs. Jeon approached her daughter, "Your father is right, dear. I don't mind him being my son-in-law," She gently placed a hand on Mira's shoulder, watching the two males' interaction with a fond smile.

The girl's breath hitched. "Mom, he's not— I mean isn't it way too soon to be talking about that? We might separate in the future and—"

She wasn't able to finish her sentence when her mother stared at her with a raised eyebrow as if she was challenging her. The woman still had a smile on her face but the meaning behind it gave Mira shivers down her spine.

This instantly shut her up real quick as she looked down at the wooden floor, feeling her mother stroking her hair affectionately. "Oh right, Jungwon! You should stay over for dinner," She offered. "I made a lot tonight and I'm sure it will be enough for all of us."

"Thank you, Mrs. Jeon, but I don't think I can— okay, I will join you," He agreed at the last second after seeing the way Mira's mother was looking at him.

"Perfect, I will set the table now." The woman then left to the dining room which was connected to the kitchen.

Yang Jungwon stood up after excusing himself from Mira's father and made his way towards the lost girl. He had on an expression that looked like he was in fear of something, or rather someone. Mira instantly knew who it was.

"Your mother is scary."

"I know that," She answered. Despite how angelic and innocent her mother looked, she was actually pretty terrifying when it comes to getting what she wants. Her deadly weapon was her smile. It was one of the reasons why her father fell for her as she can change the meaning behind them each time. He quoted, "Your mom is very different and I like how she gets violent with me when I do something wrong."

A masochist.

"Why are you making that face?" Jungwon suddenly spoke making the girl snap back to reality. She had her nose scrunched in disgust thinking about her parent's relationship but it went back to normal after, "It's nothing."

Just then, the doorbell rang and everyone turned their heads to the front door. Mira was about to go get it when her mother shouted from the dining table, "I'll get it!" She wiped her hands with a towel and speed-walked to the door, only to grin at the person before her.

"Jiheon!"

"Jung-ie!" Their chemistry teacher's figure appeared as she spread her arms out to give Mira's mother a tight hug, the latter reciprocating her action. Instead of wearing her everyday work attire, Ms. Jeon Jiheon was now wearing comfortable clothes.

"How have you been?" Shin Jung, Mira's mother, queried smiling.

"I'm doing great. Being a teacher can be stressful, especially when your students won't even do the homework you assigned them with and— oh, Jungwon?" Jiheon paused and blinked as she stared at the boy, wondering why he was here.

Their chemistry teacher glanced back and forth between him and Mira — they were standing next to each other — before averting her gaze towards her older brother who was secretly smirking on the couch. She then looked at her brother's wife who was looking back at her with a knowing smile. When her brain managed to connect the dots, she lets out a gasp, quite dramatically.

"Jungwon is your secret child?!"

The sound of a soft smack was heard in the background and Jiheon turned towards the source only to find her brother face palming at her stupidity, "No, you idiot. They are dating. You're so slow I swear to god."

"They are dating?!"

The man sighed audibly at his sister's obliviousness. She might be smart but when it comes to love, she has zero knowledge. It made sense since Jiheon only dated twice her whole life, her longest was around five months, and both relationships weren't serious. She was said to have an elementary student's love knowledge.

"When are you gonna get your single ass taken, sis? You've been single for too long. Be like them," Jeon Chanwoo pointed at Jungwon and Mira. The two youngsters were talking among themselves but gave their attention back when their names were called. "Young and taken."

Jiheon scoffed hearing the way he enunciated the last two words. "Someone hold me back, I'm about to fight a [13+ word] and I will [censored because not appropriate for any or all ages and it's ramadhan] with an umbrella," She pushed her sleeves up to her elbows.

a/n; this was so random and lowkey doesn't make sense but hope you enjoyed regardless </3