chapter 31.

xxxi.

"How do you know I'm not taken? What if I am!"

It took a while for everyone to take in the words Jungwon had exclaimed during the moment of wrestling with Kim Heeyoung. He had his arm shielding him from the girl's terrifying determination of kissing but she came to an abrupt stop after hearing Jungwon's words.

Her eyes widened in surprise before she lets out a mocking chuckle, "Are you though? You have always been so focused on your studies you don't even waste your time on relationships."

"How are you so sure?" Jungwon asked.

"Come on, Jungwon. You expect me to believe you? The only girl you're close with is Aerin. Are you saying she's your girlfriend?" Heeyoung tilted her head sideways in question and smirked when she received no response from the male. She turned her head to glance at Park Aerin, who had a confused expression on her face. "I've known you since kindergarten as well, Jungwon, you can't fool me into thinking you have a girlfriend. Your childhood friend, really?"

They were whispering at this point.

"What's wrong with having your childhood friend as your girlfriend?" The boy asked back, the scowl on his face didn't go unnoticed by everyone.

"Is she your girlfriend then?" Heeyoung was getting on his nerves at this point but Jungwon had to remain composed with the situation at hand. The silence just made her smile smugly knowing she won their argument.

"Let me kiss you. Just one second and I'll be done with the dare. Sounds easy, right?" The girl smiled and leaned closer to Jungwon. She was about to have their lips touched if it wasn't for a sudden force that shoved her away from him. "Hey you—!"

"I do have a girlfriend, Heeyoung," Jungwon loudly spoke, not caring about the multiple eyes watching their exchange.

Whispers began to be heard from left and right in the circle. They were surprised by the unexpected information Jungwon declared, more so when he confirmed it himself. Sunoo had his jaw dropped open while Ni-ki covered his mouth in amusement, pleased with the drama.

Heeyoung threw her head back in frustration, "Sure. Is it Aerin, Jungwon, is it?"

Park Aerin (who was still confused) gulped from the many stares looking at her as soon as her name was spoken. She pointed at herself in question, not knowing how and when she suddenly became Jungwon's girlfriend. The last time she checked she was single.

"It's not Aerin," Jungwon sighed, scratching the side of his nose. "It's someone else."

"Who is it?" This time, Zen questioned. The girl on his lap was still there, not moving from her spot considering the dare was supposed to be done throughout the whole game.

"I'm not obligated to tell you. Heeyoung, just do the dare on someone else and move on," Jungwon fixed his posture and slid back to his seat beside Lee Hamin, not minding the girl who scoffed in defeat as she gave a peck to a random boy on the cheek. Clearly not following the dare but she didn't care.

"I hope you're not lying to me, Jungwon," Heeyoung scoffed, spinning the bottle. What a surprise — the bottle landed back on Yang Jungwon and the girl lets out a choked laugh. She cleared her throat before speaking, "Truth or dare?" She smiled menacingly.

"What are you talking about? It's pointing in between me and Hamin," Jungwon tried to excuse, acting as if he didn't just shift away from his spot.

"Truth or dare?" The girl repeated.

"...truth," He reluctantly uttered. It was better than choosing dare, he was afraid he'll get dared to kiss Heeyoung or something and he didn't want that. Jungwon discreetly took a glance at Mira, who was back to writing on her booklet but she looked unhappy. He wasn't sure though.

"What's your girlfriend's name?"

Jungwon had his face buried in the palm of his hand as he controlled himself from the question. He knew this would happen if he chose truth, but a small part of him expected Heeyoung to ask "Are you lying about having a girlfriend?" instead.

What was he supposed to do now? All he knew was that Mira preferred to keep their relationship a secret but with the game going on, how was he supposed to go around it? Tell the truth? Or lie?

He would lie for her. But it feels wrong blurting out another female's name.

"Our relationship is supposed to be secret so I hope you all respect that because I'm not going to say her name or tell you who she is," Jungwon spoke.

Someone scoffed out loud, "So you're lying about having a girlfriend. You made it up!"

"Is that the question now?" He asked blankly, successfully altering the question to the way he wanted. "Because I'm not, I'm telling the truth. I do have a girlfriend."

Hearing this, Jeon Mira tried to hide the smile that was forming on her lips as she shuts the booklet close, finally done with her work so she could concentrate on the game. All along, she had been listening to Jungwon talking and she was happy with the way he handled them. It also amazed her how loyal he was to his pretend girlfriend, his future real one would be so lucky.

"Fine," Heeyoung grumbled in response.

Yang Jungwon spun the bottle, waiting for it to slow down as it pointed to a girl he recognized from class four. She was sitting next to Mira — the girl he was hoping to get but unfortunately didn't. "Truth or dare?"

"Truth," Choi Yunseo answered.

Before Jungwon could open his mouth, another voice spoke up preventing him to speak. "If you were a guy, which one of the girls in the room would you date?" The person asked. Jungwon wasn't bothered by this. He didn't know what to ask anyway so he just nodded and went with the flow.

"Bold of you to assume I'd be straight," Yunseo mumbled to herself, taking a glance at Jungwon, before smiling at everyone, "Probably someone who isn't two-faced? Someone kind but chaotic," She stated innocently.

The girl scanned the room, trying to find a girl that would fit her description. She didn't even give Heeyoung and her minions a glance knowing they weren't fit for it. Her eyes stopped at a girl as she pointed at her, "Yubin maybe?"

From the corner of her eye, she spotted Nam Kitae yanking the foot off of his lap because it had been ten minutes since he got the dare. The person he massaged almost flew off if it wasn't for gravity.

a/n; should I continue the game?