chapter 64.

lxiv.

Head resting on the boy's shoulder, Mira continued to scroll through her phone, watching the numerous short videos that contained trendy challenges. Jungwon was watching too, eyes concentrated on the girl's phone as her screen showed three people dancing to GANADARA on display. He captured Mira's minor hand movement following along as the video played.

"Do you dance?" He couldn't help but raise a question. "You've been watching that video for the eighth time now."

Mira let out a small hum, "I used to. For fun though." She readjusted her head comfortably on his shoulder, feeling at ease since they were alone on the rooftop, away from everyone else. Muffled conversations could be heard from below at the center courtyard of Daehwi High.

Word traveled pretty quickly, enough for it to reach everyone in their grade the same day their substitute biology teacher exposed them unintentionally. It didn't stop there, however, as these gossips had not faltered after a week. Their relationship was now known to the whole school.

"Look, it's them!"

"That's the girl Jungwon likes? Wow."

Reactions weren't on the same lane. Of course, some supported them, believing their relationship was expected between the two top students of Daehwi. It was only a matter of time. But some disliked them, believing they would have looked better with either Jungwon or Mira instead, envy seeping through their skins.

"Who does she think she is? Stealing him away from me. Just because she goes around with a smile and is popular?"

"I thought he was with Aerin at the beginning. Did they break up or something?"

"Dude, I don't think they were dating in the first place. Close friends maybe? They did go to the same primary school with Heeyoung. I heard she's with Sunoo now though."

"Why did Jungwon choose someone like her? He could have been with me instead."

Maybe it was because of the never-ending stares and remarks. The stares that made them feel as if affection was always expected, the stares that made them feel as though they were being watched, the stares that made them feel uncomfortable and awkward. The comments that made them realize not all students liked them, and the comments that made them tired, desiring space.

Staying away and giving themselves distance from the crowd was a need.

"Can you show me?" Jungwon was interested.

Mira frowned, staring up at him as if he grew two heads. The song was still playing on her phone as she nonchalantly replied with a, "No."

The male clicked his tongue. He wanted to see her in action, see her executing the semi-difficult moves GANADARA portrayed, especially the footwork. He thought it would be fun to kill time before their next classes. It would also be nice to have a video of them together for memories. "Do the challenge."

"No," The girl responded, squinting her eyes at him. "What part of that do you not understand, boyfriend?" She raised a finger to poke the dimple that appeared on his cheek, a second feature she loved about him. The first was obvious.

Yang Jungwon's ears burned but his physique remained calm. He nudged her arm playfully and looked away, ignoring a chuckling Mira. Hearing her calling him that made him think their relationship had swerved into a real one—the relationship that started with a fake to convince her parents because of his clumsiness, both agreeing it would end after a few months of pretending but it ended up turning genuine.

It didn't go according to plan.

"Hey," Jungwon started, biting the inside of his lip, "I'm gonna be straightforward. Are we official now?"

The question brought silence to the air. The pair looked at each other before Mira averted her gaze away, unable to hold it longer. She could feel him staring at her and the sudden urge to shove his face away was strong. She needed to refrain from hitting him (again) and possibly hurting him (again, not intentionally).

Feeling nervous, Mira raised a hand to cover one side of her face as she took this short moment to relax. A hand clasped her wrist, tugging on it. "Mi?"

Damn it. Even his call was giving her butterflies no matter how many times she heard him say it. Jeon Mira inhaled deeply, composing herself before finally looking back at him. She was reminded about the events that happened at his house, her cheeks turning rosier.

"Do you know what these bracelets mean when I gave one to you?" The girl muttered, looking down at his hands. Jungwon looked down as well, holding hers with his own, and feeling the said accessory on her wrist. He fiddled with it, touching the two carved pearls. "...it means that you're mine now."

It didn't go according to plan,
but they didn't care.

One second she was flustered and nervous, the next she was bold and fearless. Yang Jungwon couldn't understand her, but he found her very amusing. Acting one way, and feeling like another.

Mira's hands flew up as Jungwon's finger flicked her forehead. This seemed like something he would do from now on. "Ow!"

The male snickered while gandering down at her pout. He heard her grumble in response, weaving her arms into a comfortable cross as she moved away from him. Her shoulders stiffened when she felt a hand swipe the side of her hair, fingertips streaking her neck.

"Then that makes you mine too," Jungwon whispered close to her ear, Mira getting goosebumps from the proximity. She shoved his face out of her space once more after feeling his lips on her cheek, earning a light laugh.

"Anyway, do it with me?" Jungwon proposed, talking about the challenge as he stood up. "I can dance."

As their feelings got the best of them, it mattered more, showing how much they adored one another.

-

A mischievous smirk, one that could be imitated as a meme, was plastered on Cheram's face as she stared at Mira. She wiggled her eyebrows, eyes darting from across the room and back to her. It didn't take a second for Mira to understand that the girl was taunting her.

Park Aerin dragged her chair next to her table, smiling at Mira before she turned serious, "You and Jungwon? I was right the whole time!" The girl whisper-yelled, suddenly thinking back to when she spoke to the boy on the trip. "Did he really confess first then? That's so cute!"

Jeon Mira covered her face with her arms on the table, not saying anything as she was used to being silent throughout each procedure. From her past friends in elementary school to her family and relatives. Moreover, Mira didn't want anyone to see her beetroot face as it would just add more to her embarrassment.

"Hey, don't be shy. Everyone loves you guys, a perfect couple," Kang Yubin reassured, caressing the female's head gently. "It was surprising though. If we had connected the dots..."

"I did, although I didn't want to assume anything at first until I got the confirmation I need..." Aerin shyly responded with a chuckle. A muffled groan could be heard coming from Mira as her three friends looked at her. The girl buried her face deeper in her arms and covered her warm ears.

A sigh was heard, "It's too bad Jungwon's table is at the back." Followed by a nudge, Mira didn't move nor did she look up from the comfort of her arms.

"He's looking at you, Rara," She heard Yubin whisper, causing her to slowly turn her head to the back of the classroom. A dimpled smile greeted her and Mira slammed her head back down on the table. She swore she heard him chuckle.

Oh God.

Her courage went down the drain after their mini moment on the rooftop, along with the recent kiss they shared a few days ago.

a/n; in remembrance of this tiktok.