chapter 32.

a/n; okay!

xxxii.

"Wear all of your clothes backwards until tomorrow."

"All? Even my pants?"

"That's the dare, do it." Two boys who were selected by the bottle talked about a dare one of them chose. It had been roughly two hours since they started playing and a few more minutes left before dinner. To say the least, the truth or dare questions had become wilder as time passed after that one dare Heeyoung received from her friend.

"What about my underwe—"

"Just go!" One of them pushed the other outside so they could go to the bathroom to change.

While waiting for the two boys to come back, the game continued with one student spinning the bottle in the center of the circle as it landed on a short-haired girl. "How many people have you kissed?" was asked after she chose truth.

The girl started counting silently while looking up at the ceiling before averting her eyes back to the boy who asked her the question, "Uh, five I think?"

Mira sighed. She wondered how her school friends had had their first kisses already when she was probably the only girl to not have lost hers yet. It's not like she knew their love life, but assuming from the way she saw them with their partners in the hallways or that one time she overheard a group of girls talking about their past relationships in class made her think so.

They at least dated someone once in their seventeen years of life in which Mira had no experience. She wasn't sure if fake dating Yang Jungwon counted, but she could get a glimpse of what it feels like to be in one through this.

Mira felt a new presence on her left, at the same time another person was dared to do the seven minutes in heaven challenge. Just as the closet door shut closed, she turned her head to the side to find Jungwon sitting beside her.

"Why are you here?" She inquired, looking at the place he previously sat on.

"Because why not?" He retorted, "How are you?"

"Good."

"No, I mean how are you after Heeyoung's dare," Jungwon corrected with a low voice, looking at her. "I didn't say anything wrong right?"

Mira initiated eye contact with the male, holding his gaze for a few seconds before shaking her head, "I'm surprised at how you handled that though. Why didn't you let her do it anyway?"

Jungwon stared at her while squinting his eyes, trying to send a message through his dark orbs. It wouldn't be the best if he had let Heeyoung steal a kiss knowing he was currently with Mira. It's not like he wanted to either, that's why he pushed her away. And doing it in front of everyone else to see? No.

He wanted to avoid rumors of him and Heeyoung, remembering that the students of Daehwi were capable of spreading it in the speed of light. Having him say he was in a relationship was better than getting mixed up in situations with her.

"Do you want me to?" He softly asked.

"Stop doing that," Mira breathed out, watching him cautiously before averting her gaze away. It didn't help since he was beside her and their distance were quite close. She felt her breath being taken away and she wasn't sure how to stop this undeniable feeling growing inside of her chest. It felt oddly similar to how she felt with Kim Sunoo. Familiar but unfamiliar.

Was it the way her heart fluttered every time he kept his focus to her? Or was it the way he held eye contact no matter how many times she tried to look away? Was that his way of talking? If it was, then she didn't like it.

Despite being an extrovert, Mira had the habit of not maintaining eye contact with someone for too long. The longest she had was around four seconds. If she had to, she would stare at the wall.

"Doing what?" Jungwon asked, genuinely confused about her reaction. He leaned forward, attempting to look at her face that was looking the other way but failed. "Mira—"

The girl pushed his face away in panic and made him pay attention to the game. At the same time, the two boys who left earlier returned rather enthusiastically, one of them had their clothes worn backwards. "Ayo, what's up people! Look at my new style."

He pointed from top to bottom before nodding his head in satisfaction, "Luckily, Munsu said I didn't have to wear my underwear backwards."

Sometimes, Jeon Mira wondered why most of the boys in Daehwi High School do not have a filter for their mouths. They always spoke their minds, and frankly speaking, she enjoyed it.

"I need to go to the bathroom, my stomach's hurting," Another girl who sat on the other side of Jungwon informed her friends as she stood up from her seat and went out the door while holding her stomach in pain. The girl's friends watched her until she was out of sight before whispering to one another, "Maybe she needs to take a shit-"

"Say 'poop' you're so vulgar, Ryujin!" Another one of her friends warned, slapping Ryujin's shoulder as the latter playfully rolled her eyes.

The closet door opened revealing a boy and girl who were imprisoned inside for seven minutes due to the dare. However, something must have happened because both their cheeks were tinted red. Everyone cooed at the sight and started teasing them.

Mira watched silently, feeling troubled with the constant teases being thrown at the duo. She wasn't the one being teased, but it made her uncomfortable as if she was in their place. The girl had her hands clenched on the floor as she listened.

A hand was then laid on top of hers discreetly, surprising her. He was rubbing her knuckles with his thumb back and forth. Jungwon shifted closer to Mira to block their hands from people's eye view as he continued this action.

Mira knew the male was trying to comfort her knowing the dislike she felt for teasing, but Jungwon was smiling — chuckling every once in a while as he watched the newborn couple going back to their seats in the circle. It was pretty evident to say he didn't mind getting teased anymore.

"It's okay," Yang Jungwon managed to whisper to her ear. "It's okay."

Her fist loosened as the boy took this opportunity to hold her hand comfortably on the floor — his fingers wrapped around her palm while he congratulated the new couple.

a/n; unfortunately, I can't give y'all a Miwon kiss during truth or dare cuz we don't want their first kiss to be based on a game.