chapter 36.

xxxvi.

Twelve-thirty, the clock read, and Mira was walking aimlessly alone.

Her footsteps creaked the wooden floor in the silent hallway and if she was in her right mind, she would have been scared to walk alone with nobody supporting her. The darkness was only illuminated by the moonlight gleaming through the windows and the yellow light elicited from wall lamps.

In all honesty, Mira has no idea why she left her room. Her body moved on its own and her brain just went along with it. She was already outside anyway, might as well stroll around to tire herself out before sleeping.

Mira had her eyes locked on the main door of the guesthouse at first, but it quickly averted to the hallway next to it. She knew it would lead her to the four rooms owned by the boys, which was why she started contemplating whether or not to progress.

The girl chose to follow her brain as she quietly walked through the corridor, passing by numerous paintings on the wall. She admired them all, the paintings illustrating a type of flower splashed with messy layers of paint. Another batch of three came to view and this time it was landscaped.

She stopped infront of a wooden door, one out of four of the boy's rooms. Jeon Mira looked through the medium-sized window beside it, finding the male students sleeping peacefully on their respective mattresses as the girl could hear their loud snores.

She proceeded to the second door. The same scene was given to her as her eyes wandered around the room. If someone were to catch her doing this, they would think Mira was a creepy perverted stalker watching boys sleeping as a daily hobby. The thought only made her shudder as she retracted her head from the window.

Maybe that's enough for today, She thought.

The girl turned around to head back, passing by the first room again as she uncontrollably glanced through the window. This time, however, something halted her. She asked herself why she didn't see this earlier, but she spotted a specific boy holding his phone above his face, the brightly lit screen shining on his facial features in the dim light.

The boy was laying on his mattress, eyes slowly drooping, and fingers scrolling through his phone. He suddenly shifted his gaze elsewhere. More specifically, at her. He must have been startled of seeing a girl standing menacingly outside he accidentally dropped his phone straight to his beautiful face.

It took Jungwon a couple of seconds to realize it wasn't a ghost or an intruder when he saw the face of his pretend girlfriend. But still, he was terrified when he spotted a person with long dark hair watching him from the window.

Jungwon continued to rub his nose while calming his panicked heart. He shut his eyes for a few seconds and exhaled before looking back at Mira who had her lips pursed and thumbs up, silently asking him if he was okay with a worried smile.

The male sat up on his bed, blinking. He looked left and right, scanning his roommates before looking back at her. He motioned the girl to stay in place while he made his way toward her with a simple hand gesture but Mira misunderstood thinking he was asking her to come inside.

She immediately made an 'X' with her arms as she shook her head rapidly, alerting Jungwon. The male was already halfway out of his bed to approach the door, but he paused after seeing Mira's response.

She wondered why Jungwon would request such a thing. Was he out of his mind? It was not appropriate for her to do that, right? Even if she did follow his commands, she has to walk past the sleeping bodies.

Jeon Mira dismissed Jungwon by a shake of her hand as she turned on her heels, about to leave the boy's corridor to get back to her room when a hand grabbed her wrist, jolting her backward.

She looked behind her in surprise. Jungwon had his left hand on the door, his other one wrapped around her wrist. Mira's eyes moved back and forth between him and his bed where he was a few seconds ago, pondering about how speedy he got here.

"How the heck—"

Mira didn't have enough time to process what happened next as it all flew in a flash. Yang Jungwon chose to do a heart fluttering moment and pulled her towards him. One of his arms locked around her shoulder as her cheek was pressed against his broad shoulder.

Her hands unknowingly clutched onto the white hoodie he wore as she stayed speechless. She heard Jungwon sighing as he rested his head on hers. He closed his eyes, feeling as if he could fall asleep right then and there.

Mira opened and closed her mouth, wanting to say something but nothing came out. Her heart was beating so fast she was sure Jungwon could hear it — no, she was sure he could even feel it judging from the proximity. Out of panic, Mira punched him in the stomach.

Jungwon shouted, instantly regretting it after realizing how late it was. He shut his mouth.

Thank goodness none of the boys woke up from his shout. Some just shifted in their places before going back to sleep. "The fu—"

He stopped. Noticing the irritated frown on Mira's face as she had her fist up infront of her for protection. Despite the defensive posture she had, Jungwon couldn't ignore the redness spreading on her freckled cheeks. "You're—" blushing.

"Never do that again. Understand?" Mira ordered, her flustered self still on display. She would remember this moment her whole life. It was now engraved inside her brain the moment Jungwon embraced her. It was so sudden, she chose to attack instinctively.

He had to pay the consequence of being in pain.

"Sorry for punching you, but you deserved it," Mira quickly apologized even though she looked like she didn't mean it. "You know me—"

Her sentence was cut short when she heard footsteps coming from the other end of the hallway. Both teenagers turned to the source, finding a silhouette growing bigger in size. Jungwon was the first one to react as he pulled Mira inside his room, shutting the door quickly but gently.

It was then Mira realized that silhouette belonged to a teacher, who was doing their daily inspection to check if everyone was asleep.

a/n; thank you for 50K :( I'm happy you guys are enjoying reading second lead as much as I enjoy writing it <3

I hope y'all are ready for the next chapter because I might have wrote something that will get your hearts fluttering? ig, haha.